Back to the future, or, everything old is new again.

MAD1

Been reading this forum's old posts for when FS2002 first came out. It's a neat trick. Just pretend now is 2001. Phil Herds posts are very good. Will link a few here. (As I have FS2002 in it's box, pristine, it's as if I've just arrived home from the shop, excited, just installed it and enjoying this amazing new sim!) Edited by MAD1

I meant Andrew Herd (username anherd). In Features > Reviews, his four parts starting with "FS2002 Preview Part 1" dated 16 October 2001. Also, in OpEd "FS2002" 20 Sep 2001. Another interesting one is "FS2002: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly" by Phil Colvin (wolf2) 6 January 2002. Interesting that this forum started (currently page 1766) 1 Jan 2002 with just a "Happy New Year!!!" post, and the second post was the same day, actually about FS2002, being "Concord Gauges".

The nice thing about running the old sims on a newer machine is the speed with which they load … if you can get them to run at all under W10.

If I just want a "quick five minutes" in the cockpit I'll often use FS2002, less than 15 seconds from start to flying!