CJ4 from a Short Runway in the Bahamas

*Quick Note: I'm posting my images from an image hosting site for the first time in hopes that they are a bit bigger and easier to view. Let me know if I should keep doing it this way or stick to hosting through Flightsim.com

It's time to get out of the Airbus and back into the business jets for a few flights. After dropping off our passengers, today's flight takes us from a 4,000' runway at Sandy Point in the Bahamas back to our home base at Orlando Executive Airport. Coming into Sandy Point was a lot of fun, we shot a visual approach on a perfect day and I regretted not getting screenshots, but thankfully the departure was just as good! The landing into Orlando was pretty tough, the wind was gusting around 30kts, so I didn't get any shots of the landing. Let's go!

eRuWshd.jpg

Our passengers are on their way to enjoy their vacation, but unfortunately we're not staying, so after grabbing some fuel we're getting the preflight done so we can head right back out

mDDEmQZ.jpg

Even though it's a simulator, back taxiing at an uncontrolled field still makes me uneasy. I can't imagine how a real pilot feels

jogdoUw.jpg

It was a 4,000' runway, and according to our weight and performance calculations, we needed about 2,600' to takeoff. Looks like our calculations were spot on!

VMwChHf.jpg

Getting one last view of Sandy Point on our climb out

izfMBv3.jpg

Cruising at FL330 over Freeport

4mZi8E2.jpg

About 35 minutes into the flight the coast of Florida is already coming into view

LMhlHid.jpg

Beginning our descent into Orlando over the Vero Beach area

Jkoq0TR.jpg

Continuing on the GOOFY7 arrival and nearing the Orlando area

2TVC80O.jpg

Getting ready to make our turn towards runway 25 at Orlando Executive

n0OHW0u.jpg

I need to work on my crosswind landings a bit, but we made it back to Orlando in one piece

Thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Great shots and narrative as usual Chris. Very nicely done.

The use of Imgur or other offline sites make it much easier to view the narrative along with the pictures, and the pictures do look great. I use Imgur on another flight sim site and the regular flightsim.com method here where the images are stored on this sites computers. Some folks have lost image posts that were stored off site that either became defunct or raised the price of storage to an extent they were unwilling to pay. It's what ever you feel comfortable with for your own purposes.

Larry

Great shots and narrative as usual Chris. Very nicely done.

The use of Imgur or other offline sites make it much easier to view the narrative along with the pictures, and the pictures do look great. I use Imgur on another flight sim site and the regular flightsim.com method here where the images are stored on this sites computers. Some folks have lost image posts that were stored off site that either became defunct or raised the price of storage to an extent they were unwilling to pay. It's what ever you feel comfortable with for your own purposes.

Thanks, Larry!

My concern on using an image hosting site is exactly what you mentioned, the site goes down or the images go away for whatever reason and the post is done. I'll probably wind up using both still going forward.

"Even though it's a simulator, back taxiing at an uncontrolled field still makes me uneasy. I can't imagine how a real pilot feels"

I'm entirely comfortable with it.

I'm on the ground, they're in the air. So not my risk!

And it's better than downwind take-offs!

Your ocean and land textures looks fantastic. Some of the best FSX shots I have seen well done.

Thanks! It's actually MSFS, not FSX. If I had my FSX looking like that I would have had an OOM crash within ten seconds, lol!

Excellent set again Chris. Well done! Love the shot on the ground with the grass in front.

Thanks, John!

"Even though it's a simulator, back taxiing at an uncontrolled field still makes me uneasy. I can't imagine how a real pilot feels"

I'm entirely comfortable with it.

I'm on the ground, they're in the air. So not my risk!

And it's better than downwind take-offs!

That's an interesting thought, but I guess as long as the communication is being done there is nothing to worry about.