Texture Manager 2103

BONDENO

Anyone have experience in using this Programme, Texture Manager 2013 , I am trying to convert fsx dds files to bmp to use in FS9

the nearest i got is the tail of the plane but the rest of Aircraft is Transparent.

Before we get to that are you working with an aircraft model that is FSX native or is it an FS9 version of the aircraft that you want to put the paint on? If it's the former then don't waste your time as FSX native aircraft will not work in FS9.

To view my repaints and other stuff just click on the image below!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay then! I don't use any kind of texture manager for conversion as I do it manually using Photoshop and Image Tool/DXT.bmp programs.

I can tell you that you have to convert the alpha channel to all white (except if there are domes to expose or hide this is done with the alpha channel). Then you will need a separate light map for the FS9 version. You can extract the FSX alpha channel to make the new light map but again you need an image editor to do it unless this texture manager you are using does it for you.

And you have to use the FS9 version of course. You can try to use the generic light map from a native FS9 paint but the windows might not match up at night.

Don't forget that FS9 paints are to be 1024 x 1024 px also.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's good. Look at the image of the plane though as all of the domes are visible. I'm sure the real plane has only a couple or none at all. That has to be configured in the alpha channel of the repaint directly. If the extra domes don't bother you though then enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]