Circa 1977 Vero Beach Fl Piper Factory: Release of a new Aircraft: Piper Arrow III

Great atmospheric shot John. :cool::cool: I've spent a bunch of RW time in the Vero Beach area but never knew there was a Piper facility there - maybe because all my time was on the beach. :D Anyway - this falls under the heading of "You learn something new every day!"

I never thought about where the Pipers were made, but the east coast of Florida seems kind of risky with hurricanes and such. Although you can't find many places that are completely free of natural calamities of some sort. Nice retro shot of the Arrow III Bill. :cool: :)

Larry

Great atmospheric shot John. :cool::cool: I've spent a bunch of RW time in the Vero Beach area but never knew there was a Piper facility there - maybe because all my time was on the beach. :D Anyway - this falls under the heading of "You learn something new every day!"

Yeah, Bill, there was a Piper Plant there, might be some small Piper activities there, but I believe the plant has been closed for years!

I acquired my PPL in 1966, and my girlfriend, later my wife/ex-wife :rolleyes: and I used to fly from Lantana (Palm Beach County Airpark)

to Vero Beach at least once a month, they had a little Cantina there where you could get a very good breakfast/lunch! I certainly miss those days, not the ex-wife!

Rick :cool::cool:

Edited by Downwind66