Thread: Circa 1977 Vero Beach Fl Piper Factory: Release of a new Aircraft: Piper Arrow III

Default Circa 1977 Vero Beach Fl Piper Factory: Release of a new Aircraft: Piper Arrow III

A bit of nostalgia

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Nice vintage photo John! Piper was made in Bradford, Pa among other places a long time ago.

Nice flash from the past!!!!!!!

Great atmospheric shot John. I've spent a bunch of RW time in the Vero Beach area but never knew there was a Piper facility there - maybe because all my time was on the beach. Anyway - this falls under the heading of "You learn something new every day!"

I never thought about where the Pipers were made, but the east coast of Florida seems kind of risky with hurricanes and such. Although you can't find many places that are completely free of natural calamities of some sort. Nice retro shot of the Arrow III Bill.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by BillD22 View Post
    Great atmospheric shot John. I've spent a bunch of RW time in the Vero Beach area but never knew there was a Piper facility there - maybe because all my time was on the beach. Anyway - this falls under the heading of "You learn something new every day!"
    Yeah, Bill, there was a Piper Plant there, might be some small Piper activities there, but I believe the plant has been closed for years!
    I acquired my PPL in 1966, and my girlfriend, later my wife/ex-wife and I used to fly from Lantana (Palm Beach County Airpark)
    to Vero Beach at least once a month, they had a little Cantina there where you could get a very good breakfast/lunch! I certainly miss those days, not the ex-wife!

Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 04-01-2021 at 06:12 PM.