Vegetation/Tree Variety

I use the premium edition and it appears that the trees have very little variation. No conifers or palm trees. I flew FSX a number of years ago and they were all represented. Maybe it was an addon I had, not sure.

Am I imagining things or missing some setting here?

Otherwise, I love this version of FS. Runs beautifully on my system. Adding a bigger 2K monitor in the next couple of days.

I've been flying the coast from La Guardia in a 172S. Lots of sightseeing. Done the coastline down to Honduras now but I do miss that lack of arbour variety.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

Strange,because in England there is a preponderance of conifers.My memory suggests that it was not like that originally.The view of the English countryside rather kills the illusion.It is a bit like FSX, apart from not having trees in the middle of the farmers fields.but they did improve the grass,so they may have a go at the trees soon.

The 4 season pack by Bijan Habashi is well worth having, it replaces conifers with deciduous trees among many other fixes. The spring season even includes trees in blossom. https://secure.simmarket.com/bijan-habashi-4-season-pack_free-lod-for-msfs.phtml

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The 4 season pack by Bijan Habashi is well worth having, it replaces conifers with deciduous trees among many other fixes. The spring season even includes trees in blossom. https://secure.simmarket.com/bijan-habashi-4-season-pack_free-lod-for-msfs.phtml
Thanks for that tip Tim. I hadn't spotted that addon but I shall definately be giving that one a try.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Thanks. That looks pretty cool.

Alienware Aurora R7 * i7-8700 @ 3.2GHz * 32 gb RAM * NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 gb * Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD * Logitech EXTREME 3D PRO * Dual Monitors (1 X 2k + 1 X HD) *Windows 11*. MSFS Premium Edition

I believe that Asobo said on their development roadmap that they are planning on adding seasons sometime later this year. I think they said it was scheduled for Fall 2021. I am hoping for more variety of trees then when they add seasons to the program. I have seen some palm trees flying to some of the islands in the Caribbean and in south Florida. I mainly fly in the northeast and midwest United States in the program though so I have not seen much variety in the trees either, certainly not like what we had in FSX. Hopefully as the program continues to be developed this will improve over time.

Here in Arizona, MSFS is barely trying to be accurate with vegetation. Phoenix and Tucson are surrounded by giant saguaro cacti, not by trees, but the sim has lazily only created trees for us desert dwellers. Oh well.
Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

• 6 months later...

Thank you, Tim. Has anyone given this a try here? Any further indications from Asobo about their changes?

Being a low and slow flyer generally, this may be just the addon I need.

We should not have to do this with the money we have invested in the sim...... Bad boys ASOBO, you should have sorted this out and a hell of a lot of other little things you have failed to address! I as others did have spent a small fortune upgrading the PC just to make the sim work.... then 9 months in they optimize the software and it turns out we really didn't have to spend all that money and time if ASOBO had done all this before they rushed to market! Sorry, I find what ASOBO has done ha rather not done totally unforgivable and on the verge of amateurs! It's over a year since launch and still not right!!!! They bit off more than they can chew ha..... they flog us off with the next update only to screw up something else!! how many times have they tried fixing the bloody clouds for example, amateurs! Yes I completely lost all respect I had for ASOBO.....0.

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

We all had expectations and wonderous visions for MS2020 and many of us are disappointed and must lower our expectations for the future. Have faith, MS2030 is just around the corner.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Hmm. I was just looking for some feedback on the product, not rants. FYI I have been flying MS Flight sims since the 80's when I was lucky to get 2 frames per second in certain situations, usually landing at Meigs field. Every edition of FS I have owned I have added third party products. It's not a cheap hobby for sure. I quite like this edition of FS. Unfortunately I can't go back and get credits for previous software from some vendors that I spent a fortune with (are you listening ORBX?).

So back to my original questions. Has anyone given this tree addon a try here? Any further indications from Asobo about their changes?

I use Bijan's trees and can highly recommend them. Asobo haven't mentioned any changes to the base sim vegetation, it could be that they merge Bijan's trees into the base sim in the same way that they did with Working Title's G1000 mod.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I bought the tree addon a few weeks back after reading how good it was. I still haven’t tried it though! I’ve reinstalled the sim (& Win 11) since and I forgot all about this addon.

I have to say though.. I was a little less enthusiastic after buying it because I wrongly presumed it would be one program you install, but it’s a few separate files which you install / uninstall as and when you need them. One for spring..one for winter….etc it doesn’t change them automatically when the season changes.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Thank you Tim and Steve. That's enlightening. I can see where having to swap files in and out would be a PITA. Maybe I'll hang off for a bit. It's a bit of money in CAD$ for an old pensioner like me. Have a great flight guys.

I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and buy the pack. Was not that much $$$, flew a test flight over Jax, FL (KHEG to KJAX) and was impressed. No hit on framerate, and I think there is now the correct trees for my area. I have not tried the fall/winter pack (comes with), but I have it in my Community folder)
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I can see where having to swap files in and out would be a PITA.

It's very quick and easy, and only necessary once every three months if it wasn't for the regular updates which Bijan releases with even more accurate vegetation for even the remotest corners of the earth!

I decided to bite the proverbial bullet and buy the pack. Was not that much $$$, flew a test flight over Jax, FL (KHEG to KJAX) and was impressed. No hit on framerate, and I think there is now the correct trees for my area. I have not tried the fall/winter pack (comes with), but I have it in my Community folder)

Hi David. Thanks for this. Did you buy the package in the Marketplace or from simmarket? I understand they are quite different.

Hi David. Thanks for this. Did you buy the package in the Marketplace or from simmarket? I understand they are quite different.

I got it from Simmarket, saw the link that was in this thread and went from there.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I'm really leaning, leaning, leaning. I miss the variety of vegetation. It's about $65 CAD. The premium MSFS edition was $159 CAD. I think I am going to take the plunge. Flying the sim is one of my favourite pastimes. Having worked for 52+ full-time years and recently fully retired I think I deserve it. I will give it another day just to settle my soul.

Thanks again for your recommendations from a tired old guy. If they could see me I wouldn't be identified as a "Junior Member".

Got it this am. I must have been looking at a different product as it came in much cheaper than I thought.

All I can say is WOW.

whitemountfall.jpg