Its obviously FS recorder...

lefu

Its been months and months, maybe years dealing with my FSX crashes

i had a feeling FSrecorder had something to do with it

but its such a small addon, besides the size of its temp file ? what could go wrong ?

i uninstalled FSX, reinstalled, repaired, uninstalled my addons, reinstall, nothing worked

played with display settings, max, medium, minimal....

almost every session has become a nightmare not knowing at what moment my sim will crash...

So i decided to try not using FSrecorder, and everything went well

if i put it back ? it crashes again, and so on....

Note that event viewer shows faulty modules as

"unknown", "FSX", or "FSrec dll"

I gave it a try again yesterday and today, uninstalled FSrecorder, and no problemo.

I am using the latest FSrecorder working version.

Anyone has any idea what could go wrong with my FSrecorder ?

i can't get rid of it that easy...

or is there any other similar free addon i could use instead ?

thank you !

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No clue why this happens with you, sorry.

I'm using FSRecorder V2.01 (on FSX-Accell) for many years, and for hundreds of hours (recording flights upto 1 hour).

But I never encountered any problem, other then the obvious things (like Lvar states not being recognised/recorded).

But that's not a bug .....

One thing (if I recall correctly): if you remove the configured Temp folder, FS-Recorder will crash when you start using it.

Another thing: where have you installed your FSX (standard location ? ) and therewith FS-Recorder ?? (folder/file protection issues in Windows)

Rob

No clue why this happens with you, sorry.

I'm using FSRecorder V2.01 (on FSX-Accell) for many years, and for hundreds of hours (recording flights upto 1 hour).

But I never encountered any problem, other then the obvious things (like Lvar states not being recognised/recorded).

But that's not a bug .....

One thing (if I recall correctly): if you remove the configured Temp folder, FS-Recorder will crash when you start using it.

Another thing: where have you installed your FSX (standard location ? ) and therewith FS-Recorder ?? (folder/file protection issues in Windows)

Rob

Both FSrec and FSX are installed in program files (86)

but separed folders for each.

i figured out fsrec crashes my FSX, not because it necessarily crashes during its use (btw, fsrec never crashes while recording) ,

but because its active when my FSX crashes, if FSrec is not installed, there is no crash.

FSX ACCELERATION, ASUS P5QPL VM EPU-INTEL E8400-3GHZ-DDR2RAM4GO-WINDOWS7SP1 -GT220GEFORCE

if you never wonder about something, its because you know everything....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: