Real World Flight Plans

I had some fun yesterday with my son and his wife as we texting back and forth while they were waiting to board a JetBlue E190 at KEYW for a non-stop flight to KBOS. I told him I was going to create a flight plan using the default FSX flight planner (not the best- maybe the worst) and we would see who actually arrived first at KBOS. Well, and not surprisingly, he arrived 53 minutes before I did.

So my question to you simmers is this. Can anyone reference a source where I can see the actual flight plan that JetBlue used for this flight so I can compare it to what FSX generated. I have searched the JetBlue web site but only can come up with flight schedules. The flight number btw, was 2306. Now, if I can find the exact plan, what flight planner do you recommend to use to either convert or manually enter the data that could be used in FSX.

Thanks

Can anyone reference a source where I can see the actual flight plan that JetBlue used for this flight, so I can compare it to what FSX generated.

Flight Radar: flightradar24.com

I have their "app" installed on a tablet and that certainly shows historical information, so I assume you can also do that through their website.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Here we are, I think:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/b62064#273af28b

Flight number seems to be JBU2064 though?

On a more general point I find that FS flights usually take longer than reality owing to the inefficiencies of airport operation and particularly longer departure and arrival routes than the real world.

John

Edited by johnhinson

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Here we are, I think:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/b62064#273af28b

Flight number seems to be JBU2064 though?

On a more general point I find that FS flights usually take longer than reality owing to the inefficiencies of airport operation and particularly longer departure and arrival routes than the real world.

John

Thanks John. I can see the route but I would like to know each and every waypoint on that route. Is that info accessible?

Chris

Have you looked at FlightAware? Gives you tons of information about flights.

Just did and this is the info I was looking for. All the waypoints are listed. Thanks

Now, will FSX allow you to emter/create a flight plan, waypoint by waypoint, or do I need another app to do this?

Difficult to copy even if you had an actual accurate flightplan. Little NavMap, Flight Sim Commander and FSBuild have formidable flightplanners with many options for waypoints. I've done this dozens of times when my son was flying UKBB to ZBAA in FS9. He real B777, me FS9 PSS B777 China southern. I was completely thrilled to see my plane flying, more or less!!!, the same route in more or less the same time compared to Flightaware. In my opinion it is extremely hard to get complete coverage. Things as actual flight conditions, weather, plane weight, actual cruize speed, step climb procedures, actual SID's and STAR's and route diversions are hard to follow. I have all the issued books in the series: Ian Allan's From the Flightdeck. These books describe cockpit and crew actions almost minute by minute of actual real world flights. For instance Issue 11 : B747 EGLL - VHHH. All aircraft figures and full flightplan are given in the book and can be reproduced in Flightsim. However I found that strange as it may seem, some waypoints from the book were not available in Flightplanning. hope the screendump of my son's flight gives an indication. stay well....

Adam_ZBAA_FLT.jpg

Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Difficult to copy even if you had an actual accurate flightplan. Little NavMap, Flight Sim Commander and FSBuild have formidable flightplanners with many options for waypoints. I've done this dozens of times when my son was flying UKBB to ZBAA in FS9. He real B777, me FS9 PSS B777 China southern. I was completely thrilled to see my plane flying, more or less!!!, the same route in more or less the same time compared to Flightaware. In my opinion it is extremely hard to get complete coverage. Things as actual flight conditions, weather, plane weight, actual cruize speed, step climb procedures, actual SID's and STAR's and route diversions are hard to follow. I have all the issued books in the series: Ian Allan's From the Flightdeck. These books describe cockpit and crew actions almost minute by minute of actual real world flights. For instance Issue 11 : B747 EGLL - VHHH. All aircraft figures and full flightplan are given in the book and can be reproduced in Flightsim. However I found that strange as it may seem, some waypoints from the book were not available in Flightplanning. hope the screendump of my son's flight gives an indication. stay well....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]225988[/ATTACH]

Very interesting info. I will look at Little NavMap and see if I can create a flight plan using waypoints from a real world plan.

Thanks

Flightaware.com shows flightplans of real world flights. Just look up that flight and you will have to learn to click your way to the flightplan to view it. Hit decode to see every waypoint used in the flight.

Flightaware.com shows flightplans of real world flights. Just look up that flight and you will have to learn to click your way to the flightplan to view it. Hit decode to see every waypoint used in the flight.

Thanks. Found the flights plans and will now export them to Little Nav Map.