FSX Save File Location

Mattie941

Hi guys,

My PC recently had an issue and was repaired in a PC shop. They've fixed it so all seems well. However, I now have an issue where FSX saves my save files, setting files, etc.

The files used to be stored in "D:\Users\[uSER]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files" but now they are being saved in "D:\Users\[uSER]\OneDrive\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files"

Being saved in OneDrive is causing some issues with locked files, etc.

How has this happened? How do I changed it back to how it was before? I think this is a Windows issues because the same thing has happened for save files for other games and vpilot VMR files.

Thanks in advance.

UKV1260spacer.png

2.gif

• 2 years later...

I have a problem that seems even worse, I updated to Win 11. It appeared that the actual folder and file structure of

my FSX remained unchanged.  But now I am simply not able to save a new flightplan in /name/documents/ flight simulator x files/  *.*    Whenever I try to save a newly created flightplan ( in FSX native Flightplanner or 'Little nav map'  it says : file (with the created filename by the flightplanner)  not found ??  No matter what I type in the flightplan name the error remains. But when I create the same flightplan in FS2004 it will save in:   /name/documents/ flight simulator files/  and then I can or have to copy it first to:  /name/documents/ flight simulator x files/   and then I can edit it and save it in FSX.  I found several workarounds but the basic problem remains.  Would anyone have any suggestions what is happening here?  My Documents folder properties all show: no limitations by myself or the system to access the 'Documents folders'  ?  

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg