Sea World San Diego

mikeperry

This local landmark is missing. In it's place are some bizarre greenish humps next to Mission Bay. I have looked in several places on the web for some scenery that would get rid of the unsightly "humps" and add Sea World in vain. Does anyone know of a scenery add-on for this?

Having said that, my last flightsim experience was with FS2002 and FSX Steam edition is a massive improvement. I am really enjoying it!

Wonder if its worth contacting this guy? Very old post tho

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?286704-San-Diego-Sea-World-and-Sports-Arena

Or maybe Orbx do it - or UTX USA?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

• 7 months later...

It is time for a park review.

In July I had the opportunity to go to Sea World San Diego. In short, it's a beautiful park with some great shows, a few good rides, awesome animals, and all in all, a great experience.

Now let me get this straight: I think SeaWorld does more good than harm. I'm just getting this out of the way. I think all of you support seaworld so I won't have to explain.

Let's start with the overall atmosphere, what you can do, so forth. The park is stunning. The main entrance is the best out of the four parks I've been too. There is a lot of touch pools so kids can be entertained while adults buy strollers or food or any essentials. It is a great touch. The park is clean and looks nice. It overlooks a bay and is one of the prettiest parks out there. The day we went was not crowded. Up to twenty minute lines, all the shows weren't crowded, and the park felt pretty empty. It was very nice considering we arrived an hour or so after opening. This location is a half day park, unless you want to see all the shows. We only saw the orca, dolphin, and sea lion shows. The shows take up most of your time, and even with a break to eat and these three shows, I was able to get on Manta 5 times and Electric Eel 3. Journey to Atlanta was closed, and we didn't do Shipwreck Rapids or any kid stuff. Just the main attractions. We had plenty of time to do what we wanted. We didn't see any night shows, but there was a laser show going on as we walked out.

The shows are fascinating. The only mistake I made was sitting in the splash zone for the Orca show. Speaking of which, I loved how educational it was, while still being interesting. Great job there. The dolphin show was neat, and though the Sea Lion show was dumb humor, whatever floats your boat.

We didn't do any upchargee attractions.

Let's talk about the ride: Not many. Riptide Rush disappointed me the most. A lot tamer then it seems. Electric Ocean was cool. The new addition is Electric Eel, your typical Sky Rocket II. It was my first one, and I'm okay they are cloned. It has a forceful launch, some nice hangtime, a non-inverting loop, and a pretty steep drop. All in all, nothing special, but a fun ride. Though it's close, I like it better than Manta. This Mack launch coaster has a pretty forceful launch, a great night ride, a drop perfect for a family coaster. It has some airtime and is smooth as silk (like Eel). A great, unique ride the entire family can enjoy. Wild Arctic was a poor mans Star Tours, but still fun.

The animals are great. Lots of them get right up to the glass and interact. Loved the Beluga, dolphins, and the freakin 500 penguins.

We didn't use Quick Queue nor was it necessary.

I only had one food item, which was some nachos at a place by Fusion Smoothies. They were great.

Bay of play looked like a great kids area with lots to do, but with no young kids in our party we skipped it.

All in all, SeaWorld San Diego is a great park and gets my recommendation. I would love to visit again or visit the other Sea World parks.