Can someone explain

BONDENO

Okay, what's the scoop here? Is this an AI aircraft you converted over to fly, or vice versa? .air Files can only be opened for Editing with a program like AirWrench. Maybe an errant AI airplane you loaded is bumming up the works? 😮

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Its a plane I tried to put in as AI , it does show up at the airport, but to be honest not seen it take off or land, but was at the gate, also not sure if this Aircraft caused CTD , but i need to check that Further

Just make sure it is changed in the aircraft.cfg under the sim=Boeing737-400

I've use flyable aircraft lots of times as ai, some fly OK but some do need tweaking to make them fly properly, it can be frustrating getting them right sometimes.

Funny you are doing this I not too long ago got a Mig from a Russian website, it sat nose down on the ground and didn't fly, I had to swop it out for the innards of a similar aircraft.cfg, remembering to keep the lights and weight section, even then I had to change the weight slightly plus alter the points section.

I once got a German seaplane that was unusual and I wanted it as an ai, I worked on that for a few days and in the end I got it flying right, now I never use it lol.

Col.

i will keep having ago of it, see if i can see it take off or land, if not will try what you said about the air file air-file .Things we do eh, Trouble now with fs9 ,not as many repaints about now, i try and keep it as real as possible liverie wise.

I've spent the last week re-creating my Flight Sim world on this 'new' computer I got, and considering it's been almost 5 years since I've used FS I thought I'd forgotten how to add Scenery, Repaints and even Aircraft, but after the first couple of tries it came right back to me.

However, I was never adept at the AI thing BITD, and it's even worse now! I just turn the Default AI up to 100%, and leave it there. :p

Glad you were able to get a handle on your AI woes!

Alan :)

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Right, I had a look again at the airport other stuff takes off and lands, I changed the air file to the default 737-400 , I waited 3 hours like a soft ass and yes the plane with the error taxied and took off, am not waiting for one to land so I hope if it takes off it will land also

OK good, so if you waited for that long you must have gone in the sim too early, they say as a rule go in the sim let it run for a few minutes to let the AI settle down but I've never had a problem going in a few minutes before takeoff to watch a certain aircraft.

Have you tried doing a simple flight plan using AIFP?

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=Applications/aifp&Function=status&JS=True

It is easy to use, just try doing a simple plan to start with like aircraft X leaves airport A flies to airport B the returns.

Make sure in the settings you set it for FS9 and the time zone you are in before doing a plan.

Col.