Nothing ruins the experience more than generic airliners

Was hoping one of the 3rd party guys would have stepped up by now, like JustFlight.

What can be done to get rid of all these fakes?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Then you get real world live traffic with generic liveries.
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

agree

I go a step forward.

Current airlines change so rapid in time that to me traffic ai from present days also has a fake feeling sort "who the hell knows this paint textures, names etc"

the only valid realistic traffic ai (to me) is vintage (10/20 years ago or older)

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Was hoping one of the 3rd party guys would have stepped up by now, like JustFlight.

What can be done to get rid of all these fakes?

I heard that W.O.A.I. was working on it

I hope it's true cause I would to see some Delta, southwest, United and others

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

Never used WOAI before, however if they are working on it, there may be hope. I checked their forum but didn't see any mention of MSFS.

The generic A380s parked at the Boeing facility at Everett really look out of place. :-)

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

Yeah, and a push back that can't find the nose gear!!!

LOL Right!

Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz /Graphics: Red devil RX6800XT 16GB /MB: X570 Gaming WiFi / ram: 32GB@3600 MHz /500GB M.2 Drive /1TB SSD /3-Asus 27" Displays.

Never used WOAI before, however if they are working on it, there may be hope. I checked their forum but didn't see any mention of MSFS.

Yea, I used "WOAI" with FSX and it was great. Correct A/C at correct airports and at the correct gates. KATL was always hoppin'. Having WOAI with MSFS is the stuff dreams are made of. Even if it is a few years down the road.

FSX legacy liveries available on appropriate planes : Kenmore, Emerald Gold, Global Freightways, Orbit, Pacifica and World Travel

Please Asobo, these generic airlines were the first things to go when setting up FS2004 and FSX. This was a stab in the back and the knife twisted.

I would think commercial airlines would be ecstatic to have the free advertising of their liveries flying around in a simulator. I guess I don't understand the legality's of it all.

Please Asobo, these generic airlines were the first things to go when setting up FS2004 and FSX. This was a stab in the back and the knife twisted.

I would think commercial airlines would be ecstatic to have the free advertising of their liveries flying around in a simulator. I guess I don't understand the legality's of it all.

The legal issues are very significant, unfortunately. While you might think that every airline company loves the free advertising, the reality is that Microsoft still cannot use a livery unless that company has explicitly signed off, in writing, giving Microsoft permission. The airline owns the intellectual property value of their brand name, and another company (like Microsoft) cannot sell or even maintain software to customers that's generating profits for Microsoft (i.e., commercial use) without legal permission.

To your point, I also don't understand why any airline would object to this. But even for-profit companies are large bureaucracies and sometimes they just have too many cooks in the kitchen, which erodes the power of common sense decision-making.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

It appears Kenmore IS a honest to god REAL airline in the Pacific Northwest.

https://www.kenmoreair.com/

At least one company realizes the potential of being onboard cuz I never heard of them before.

To your point, I also don't understand why any airline would object to this.

Unlike previous flight sims, MSFS AI traffic is linked to real world traffic and the downside of that is delays, diversions, and ultimately, the unthinkable. Some disgruntled passenger, or any internet troll, could fabricate and post a very realistic video on social media of an airline doing something downright dangerous and cost that airline dearly in lost revenue.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Unlike previous flight sims, MSFS AI traffic is linked to real world traffic and the downside of that is delays, diversions, and ultimately, the unthinkable. Some disgruntled passenger, or any internet troll, could fabricate and post a very realistic video on social media of an airline doing something downright dangerous and cost that airline dearly in lost revenue.

Makes sense, especially in our current era of better and better deepfake videos.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I'm not following your concern, as MSFS also has a off-line AI mode. If a livery makeover comes in the form of a off-line only version as in earlier flightsim ai packages, I for one would be very satisfied.

The same liveries would appear offline and online. The point is that the airlines would have no control over how their aircraft were depicted in any screenshots or videos posted online by simmers.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

If other sims can have real airlines... (I’m pretty sure Xplane does, for one) then you’d have thought Microsoft could do it... mind you there are already two or three in MSFS already (nowhere near enough of course)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If other sims can have real airlines... (I’m pretty sure Xplane does, for one) then you’d have thought Microsoft could do it... mind you there are already two or three in MSFS already (nowhere near enough of course)

Regards

Steve

I really have no idea what licensing arrangements the corporate entities behind X-Plane may have entered into with various airlines, if any. But I would point out that Microsoft is a few gajillion times bigger than X-Plane and therefore has deeper pockets. That changes everything.

X-Plane either took risks with intellectual property, or it entered into profit-sharing licensing agreements. Microsoft, on the other hand, will take absolutely no risks with intellectual property, or if it wants to negotiate licensing agreements is probably being asked to shell out big bucks by the airlines for them.

Intellectual property in game design is always a super frustrating issue for fans like us. I've always been a huge fan of baseball simulation games, and I find it absolutely tragic that game design companies are prohibited from creating likenesses of historic players like Babe Ruth, Cy Young, Ted Williams and the like. No player who appears in a game is allowed to take on the visual characteristic of the real-life historic player, for this reason. Why? In part because until modern times there was no one owner of the intellectual property of all baseball players. As a result, the estate of Ted Williams might give Microsoft permission to use his likeness, but then the estate of Babe Ruth might refuse. You would have to negotiate with thousands of players' estates. It's just impossible. The loser: we the fans.

This guy explains how to edit the sim to use 3 custom liveries per model...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxmAs9qDCss

and also how to add a 4th here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKK0cXnFxJg

Asobo needs to update the sim to use more.