FS Recorder rendering

cowbananas

Hi, does anyone happen to have the FS Recorder version that has the ability to video render the playback? The FS Recorder website has long been derelict and the big advantage of that version is that FS Recorder can render to video a smooth playback by slowing down the playback so there are no stutters.

I have searched high and low but can't find the download file. I hope someone has it and would be willing to share it with me as it is freeware. Many thanks.

I have not seen a version of FS Recorder that could render video files. The only FS Recorder programs I am familiar with will record and play back the flight, but only within the sim itself. The files are not video files.

Of course, if I am wrong here, someone will correct me.

You need a screen recorder to get an actual video file that can be edited and rendered to a suitable format.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Hi Hal, thank you for your reply. I know that FS Recorder is basically a data recorder but the author of the software, before his website was deactivated had this to say at the end of one of his posts back in 2010...."An experimental alpha version to test the announced video rendering feature will be released in the next days.”

He must have released this alpha version because other users had later commented on how fantastic it was to get flawless video from the software. That alpha version was numbered 2.1 alpha. Yes, it could take quite some time to render the flight recording data as video but that was the beauty of the function, even if you had a fairly slow PC, FS Recorder would take it's own sweet time to give you a finished video.

I've been using FS Recorder v1.3 for some years now but if anyone has that version.....please let me know.

Thank you Mark. I did find v 2.17 which also has a video rendering option but will check yours out too. I did install v 2.17 and the option is there.

Strangely, this version eliminates FSUIPC from the menu options.

Edited by cowbananas