Newcomer with one (of many) Most likely dumb questions.

I have had FS2020 from the beginning. Although it is fabulous in its own right, I have my first silly question.

Why are all the boats in marinas FLAT? I downloaded a Boat addon, and worked fine. But it was for larger ships.

My Rig is Ryzen 5 3600xt, 32gig GSkill 3200, RX580 w/8mg, 1 terabyte MVME (C:) FS loaded here.

Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day. BigStubby

its not a silly question, it would be wonderful if sailing boats 3d objects were created and used the Blackshark AI engine to populate the Bing maps that are identified as sailing boats in same manner they do it with trees

they appear flat i believe cause they are satellite photograms, part of the image used to form the Bing map

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

So I am trying to decide on buying a really good monitor or a TV to connect to my computer to play/fly in msfs2020. I want to get the best graphics I possibly can. I know the specs for the computer and I bought the best, but I don't know how to choose the screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Hi, I have three 43” TVS’s and they work very well, even though MSFS has to be stretched across them at the moment. However, I tend not to use them anymore as I now fly in VR.

Have you considered that as an option?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

As of 2020 when I first got it for work, the Samsung C49RG9x was the largest screen on the market that didn't cost $10 billion (though it's not cheap). I absolutely love using it for MSFS, when I am not doing VR.
Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Thank you everyone for the help. I was going to buy some nice monitors but if 3 good tv's is going to work then it is a lot cheaper than high end monitors. I just wanted to make sure I am getting the best visuals I can in the sim

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

but not ANY TV, they must be 4K capable and its good if they can run at 120hz? have Vsync and other goodies for gaming, and these...aint cheap

and of the same brand, otherwise you ll have image differences

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think