Matching GPU

mega

I am using P3D v4.5.

CPU is an i7 9700K, 16Gb RAM DDR4 @ 3600 and a M.2 drive.

Currently using an old GTX 1060 with 6 GB video ram.

What is the best matching video card to use to avoid any bottle-necking?

Trevor

My specs are similar, the i7 9700K is oc’d to 4.9, 32 GB Ram and a 2070 Super. I run P3D 4.5 and MSFS at 4K on a Samsung 55” QLED and the system works great.
Jetline GT2, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, liquid cooled i7 9700K, 750 PSU, 2 TB SSD, MSFS 2020, P3D V4.5 and FSXSE.

Why are people making suggestions in the absence of data? For all we know the GPU could be the limiting factor. 5 minutes with NVI or GPU-Z will let him know for sure. And if the GPU is at 95%+ then overclocking the CPU won't do much beyond consume more power.

Cheers!

Luke

You do not need a better CPU, the one you have is fine.

What you need to do is to overclock it, so it runs at a clock rate above 4.5 GHz at least, instead of at 3.6 GHz.

Your bottleneck is the 3.6 GHZ clock rate.

Jorgen

Thank you Jorgen:)

How many monitors are you using?

And what is the resolution of those monitors?

Also run GPU-Z and HWMonitor while P3D is running, and look at Max GPU use to see how heavily your GPU was used while playing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Why are people making suggestions in the absence of data? For all we know the GPU could be the limiting factor. 5 minutes with NVI or GPU-Z will let him know for sure. And if the GPU is at 95%+ then overclocking the CPU won't do much beyond consume more power.

Cheers!

Luke

You don't need data to know that the CPU is the primary limiting factor.

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

You don't need data to know that the CPU is the primary limiting factor.

I have the same CPU and am GPU limited with a 1070.

It's amazing how long people stumble around when they cannot do the basic data collection required to do proper troubleshooting.

Luke

I do know my rig (i5-8300H@3.4 GHz laptop, GTX1050) is CPU limited, because its usage is frequently pegged at 100% (I can see this using MSI Afterburner).

However, how do I know how much should I overclock (or which CPU should I purchase) in order to balance usages?

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png