Why all the stuttering since last update? I thought I had something running in the background. Anyone else?:confused:

Known issue. I personally had to adjust my graphics settings to reduce it.

Not sure what had changed

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I haven't experienced stuttering but have noticed lower than usual fps at times when using the flying tutorials even using the same tutorial. Some times the view outside appears to be jumpy like low fps and other times it looks smooth. I usually don't have other apps running at the same time. Next time it happens I will press CTRL SHIFT ESC keys (together) to see if there are any other apps which are using more than say 1% of the CPU.

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Asobo are working on a fix for this asap, see this announcement on the official forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/issue-performances-issues/379531

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have my target FPS set to 40 (as I did in P3D). But how do you know what your FPS is during flight?

In FSX/P3D, you could get a reading in tiny red letters at the upper left of the screen. But not in MSFS.

You can get it in Dev mode.

I like this person's approach

He has 5 program every computer should have, one of them is MSI afterburner, and he demonstrates how to set it up to show you FPS, CPU temps etc.

I have this set to a hotkey

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

The Xbox Game Bar shows FPS, memory usage etc. and is built-in to Windows 10 already. Press the Windows key and G in-game to toggle it on and off.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The Xbox Game Bar shows FPS, memory usage etc. and is built-in to Windows 10 already. Press the Windows key and G in-game to toggle it on and off.

Last time I used it FPS would not display :)

Last time I used it FPS would not display :)

I was unaware of this so gave it a go but I have the same issue. I select 'performance' and it displays CPU, GPU, VRAM values but for FPS it displays ___

I downloaded FRAPS which displays fps well and can be dragged to any position on the screen. I recommend it.

John

Correction. The 'fraps' fps display cannot be dragged anywhere on the screen BUT you can choose to have it display at any of the 4 corners of the screen. Here is a screenshot with the fps marked with a red arrow (it is quite small so that it doesn't interfere with anything)

fraps_1.jpg

John

Fraps is a good option as well. I personally have gotten use to MSI and the displays it offers when I was tracking my CPU/CPU temps and utilization.

Also had the FPS not show up all the time, but usually appears at the more critical times.

But there has been a patch issued today that addresses the stuttering etc. Hasn't completely solved it but things appear to be much better for the majority of simmers.

I just remembered that I have set options for a MAXIMUM FPS of 30 yet FRAPS displays much more than that, anything up to 63fps depending on what is being displayed on the screen at the time.

Now that begs a question?

Is FRAPS displaying incorrectly?

OR

Does setting the screen fps(in MSFS2020) to a maximum have NO EFFECT?

I tried pressing windows key and G and selecting performance but fps is displayed as ___ ie nothing.

Do I have a problem or is this widespread ie doesn't work for anyone?

John