For those suffering from the stutter bug introduced after the latest patch.

After hearing reports of rising cpu temps when this happens I checked it out for myself and sure enough when the stutters started cpu went from 45 to 60. Not a huge problem but for those with low end cooling solutions it may well be. I.E. gaming laptops that always tend toward the hot side. So not only is it a bug but one that puts unnecessary stress on peoples hardware. How can ASOBO stay so silent on this.

Lets see if you think this is a good analogue. I have been servicing swimming pools for the last year or so. Today I accidentally put so much chlorine in your pool that it will likely be an irritant to infants and those with sensitive skim. But hey it wont bother 80 percent of people so I think I will just stay quite about it.

Has ASOBO now passed from the incompetent category to the out right negligent category?

As one who has been victim to the heat problems on my CPU I can releate. What I do is always monitor the temp and amount the CPU is using. If I need to, I will turn the graphics settings down 1 notch.

While loading, the CPU will rise into the high 80's (87-89), but will then back down. If I enter a really graphic intense area (downtown London), I may have to drop things down 1 notch

I did install a new air cooler which has helped bring the temps down an average of 7-10 degrees

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

I noticed the rise in temps on mine as well. I thought it was just me.

I do have liquid cooled and great airflow but the temps did go up some and the GPU is making a little more noise than before the recent update.

Running high settings (no 4k monitor here) so no need to do ultra. Only went up 5-7 degrees but ya the stuttering sucks.

1 step forward, 2 steps back

....Signature not required for delivery....

**i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz, GeForce RTX 2070 Super, ROG Strix Z390-E, 32gb G Skill 3200 C16, 1 TB Pcie SSD, 850w Power**

**Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Throttle, Logitech Pedals**

I wonder if it's possible that we're misdiagnosing the symptom as the cause. What I mean is that, perhaps there is some code ineficciency causing the CPU to work very hard and therby dropping a lot of frames. The heavy CPU usage then leads to higher temperatures.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I wonder if it's possible that we're misdiagnosing the symptom as the cause. What I mean is that, perhaps there is some code ineficciency causing the CPU to work very hard and therby dropping a lot of frames. The heavy CPU usage then leads to higher temperatures.

That's exactly what's happening. CPU load spikes and GPU load falls. Meaning the GPU is waiting on the CPU that has all of the sudden been called on to do overtime for what reason remains to be seen.

I am just glad I opted for water cooling on the new build. I am a bit of an old timer when it comes to PC builds and I was kind of thinking it was unnecessary and akin to lighting up your build like a Christmas tree will LED lighting not to mention the leak risk. On the other hand FS is the only software I am likely to run where the code is so flawed that it is causing this in the first place.

You usually have to run testing software like cinabench to artificially create these loads in order to test your cooling capacity's. Now I can just do it with FS2020

Edited by natman1965

How can ASOBO stay so silent on this.

But hey it wont bother 80 percent of people so I think I will just stay quite about it.

Has ASOBO now passed from the incompetent category to the out right negligent category?

IMHO Asobo 'software engineers' use the top end PC's when testing/checking and so don't have much of an idea what is happening to us 'mere mortals' who can't afford top end PC's. Maybe they need to update PC Requirements ie minimum, recommended and ideal specifications.

Of course settings can have a huge affect on load on the PC which in turn equates to temperatures.

Edited by jparnold

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

MS/ASOBO has plenty of resources at there disposal. They certainly have access to a variety of machines from off the rack junk from the local Best Buy to high end offers that cost thousands of dollars like Origin can make for people and have certainly tested the public build on various machines.

This is why I find it incredibly disingenuous when they offer up excuses like "we cant duplicate the problem on any of our machines". They are either to lazy to try or they are just buying for time. Either of these is reason to give all of us concern

This is why I find it incredibly disingenuous when they offer up excuses like "we cant duplicate the problem on any of our machines". They are either to lazy to try or they are just buying for time. Either of these is reason to give all of us concern

I can't completely agree with that as they are 'at the mercy' of the total accuracy of the report.

I can remember many years ago after developing an application and got a report of what appeared to be a bug. I walked the user through what they were entering on the keyboard over the phone a few times reproducing what they were telling me and could NOT reproduce the problem reported. I then went to their office and watched what they were doing and found they were pressing a key on the keyboard which they were not telling about.

I am NOT 'sticking' up with Asobo (I have plenty of my own criticism of them) but known first hand how difficult it is to interpret a report fully.

Edited by jparnold
add quote

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

I can't completely agree with that as they are 'at the mercy' of the total accuracy of the report.

I can remember many years ago after developing an application and got a report of what appeared to be a bug. I walked the user through what they were entering on the keyboard over the phone a few times reproducing what they were telling me and could NOT reproduce the problem reported. I then went to their office and watched what they were doing and found they were pressing a key on the keyboard which they were not telling about.

I am NOT 'sticking' up with Asobo (I have plenty of my own criticism of them) but known first hand how difficult it is to interpret a report fully.

Been through that with employees. They SWEAR I am doing exactly what you telling me to put in. Turns out, they just typed www at the beginning (did not tell me) which screwed everything up :)

I really wanted to say, this is what happens when you do not follow instructions!

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality