Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Settings changing

Unhappy Settings changing

I have FSX in Windows 10 and lately for some unknown reason my settings completely change, causing me to have to change them back to my original settings. I have no idea why this is happening but it's cause for frustration, just one more thing to contend with during the pandemic!

Settings change?? Sliders moving on their own? Joystick buttons losing their settings? Someone playing with your computer?
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

No flight Sim installed until I get a new computer.

Default Really?

You're joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by westway View Post
    You're joking right?
    No, Just a better explanation of what's changing.

Thumbs down Gremlins

Gremlins??? I guess.

If you're not willing to provide a better explanation that would help us with an answer why did you ask the question in the first place?
    Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

To be a little more clear on what people are getting at, what exactly is changing? All settings? Specific settings? Have you installed any add-ons recently? Manually edited the fsx.cfg file? Your question is analogous to walking into the doctor's office and just saying your arm hurts. The doctor is going to need a little more info to properly treat it.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    To be a little more clear on what people are getting at, what exactly is changing? All settings? Specific settings? Have you installed any add-ons recently? Manually edited the fsx.cfg file? Your question is analogous to walking into the doctor's office and just saying your arm hurts. The doctor is going to need a little more info to properly treat it.
    SO, please explain what is actually happening.
    All alterations to basic settings are in that .cfg file.
    Have you changed that, AT ALL?

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Good analogy, loki! You were too specific. I would have put it this way.... "Doc, I just don't feel right!" "What's wrong with me?"

This comes from experience being a field service tech working on business machines. Customers used that when describing what was wrong with their equipment. "It's just not working right!"

Sorry to rag on you, westway, but we need more info so we can help.

Exclamation The Story

Let me attempt to put the data in a way I hope will more specifically detail the setting changes.
    In December I treated this 76 year old flight simmer to the Honeycomb Aeronautical Yoke and Throttle Quadrant for my FSX. The beauty of the equipment are the number of usable switches and buttons you can use, however this has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. So back to my issue. In FSX I set up my control and axis settings for all the applicable setting usage I use in my aircraft, for example prop aircraft settings, i.e., throttle axis, prop axis, mixture axis, controls engine start and stop, gear, floats, etc.. Settings saved and functioning. Either hours later or another day and go to fly and go to use my equipment only to find that my throttle is not moving in relation to my equipment vs equipment in flight sim aircraft. This does NOT happen all the time but can occur in some cases every several days and/or weeks, never know when and why. Go to my settings in FSX and see that my original settings have changed to what I can only imagine is the default settings. No, no new add-ons etc. have been added to cause the changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast