Newbie. Looking for everything...new setup.

I have MSFS 2020 AND 2010, you call it "X"?

I am not married to any of the above.

I am not a techy at all.

I do not need fancy graphics

I just want to be able to sit down, turn it on, enter basic info and fly some approaches as realistically as possible.

Realistic = Garmin 400/500, FD, 150 autopilot. King flips would be nice.

Mooney, 1980 with Garmin 480 (I know, I can forget matching 480, 4/500 is close enough- similar logic)

KC 150 AP. It is nothing fancy.

I have the CH pedals and yoke.

Thanks.

Actually, FSX was released in late 2005, and just as the previous version was fs9, FSX is FS10 (Roman numeral X). With a decent computer FSX will do what you state you want:

I just want to be able to sit down, turn it on, enter basic info and fly some approaches as realistically as possible.

However it won't work well with current charts and approach plates, since its database is circa 2005, and there have been big changes in many areas since then. The new MSFS that came out in 2020 should be fine with the current charts, though, but it needs a more powerful computer -- since you already have it, though, you know better than I how well it meets your needs. And since you have both you can do whichever you wish, or even both from time to time.

So to me, it's not clear what (if any) question(s) you are asking, what kind of help you are after. Are you wanting recommendations for a new computer setup, or something else perhaps?

Are you a real world pilot looking for some help to maintain currency, or...???

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

I am not married to any of the above.

I am not a techy at all.

I do not need fancy graphics

Realistic = Garmin 400/500, FD, 150 autopilot. King flips would be nice.

Mooney, 1980 with Garmin 480 (I know, I can forget matching 480, 4/500 is close enough- similar logic)

KC 150 AP. It is nothing fancy.

I have the CH pedals and yoke.

Thanks.

Forget MSFS 2020, it's not right even after 6 months or more of patching'n'fixing. FSX is too old, and outdated. P3D would be my choice. P3D is a good choice for something you can actually fly and navigate, and works with Garmins and other stuff...

Welcome to the forum(s). I agree with the P3D recommendation - that's really your best choice for what you want. Forget MSFS 2020 for now. But first you, REALLY need to delete this account and open another one NOT using your e-mail address. It's a really a bad idea to openly post e-mail addresses on a public forum like this. Doing so just invites all kinds of problems.
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

If you looking for good equipment for a really good price and you don't want to wait months on end as everything is backordered try these guys.

https://flightvelocity.com/

I use them for All of my flight SIM equipment. Will ship anywhere and they have everything you need, plus there actually really good people over there. I've been using them for awhile and this will make you laugh come up I found out there based 6 miles from my house at my local airport that I fly out of in my Cessna 172. My wife happened to look at what the return and warranty policies were and saw the return address Happen to be our zip code. I had a chance to actually go down and meet all of them and see their operation, 1st class all the way various for their cockpit stations they do all their own 3-D printing right on site. The nice thing for me was when I made my last order for my garmin 530 I paid for overnight shipping, What do for me that was the one item that was back ordered and I found out that they will let me come right to their shop pick it up, So I will get to save on shipping :) try their website out and I know you'll see what I mean. Happy flight happy life