just flight vfr scenery not loading properly

jmhanson

Ive tried loading just flight vfr sceanery on fs2004 no joy whatso ever gertting a dll message ive gone into device driver populated the sysytem to recognize the cdrom but still no joy any haelp would be grtley appreaciated

What OS do you have installed....?

What was the .dll related error message...?

A possible suspect, based on the age of the product, is likely to be related to a anti-piracy utility called SafeDisc that relies on a system file called secdrv.sys.

Back in 2015, on the release of Win 10 MS choose to not include the file as it was a known security issue. At the same time MS issued a patch (KB3086255) to earlier Win versions that disabled the file.

If pre Win 10 - i.e. XP, Vista, Win 7 or 8 then you maybe able to resolve the issue by checking to see if the KB is installed and, if so, by removing it. Another option would be to manually re-enable it via the services app.

If Win 10 then the fix will not be easy as you will need to source a copy of the secdrv.sys file, install it and then run a Digital Certification activation tool to validate the file.

A google search using the phrase KB3086255 will give you plenty of info on the subject...

Regards

Brian

What OS do you have installed....?

What was the .dll related error message...?

A possible suspect, based on the age of the product, is likely to be related to a anti-piracy utility called SafeDisc that relies on a system file called secdrv.sys.

Back in 2015, on the release of Win 10 MS choose to not include the file as it was a known security issue. At the same time MS issued a patch (KB3086255) to earlier Win versions that disabled the file.

If pre Win 10 - i.e. XP, Vista, Win 7 or 8 then you maybe able to resolve the issue by checking to see if the KB is installed and, if so, by removing it. Another option would be to manually re-enable it via the services app.

If Win 10 then the fix will not be easy as you will need to source a copy of the secdrv.sys file, install it and then run a Digital Certification activation tool to validate the file.

A google search using the phrase KB3086255 will give you plenty of info on the subject...

that sounds very much like the culprit thanks ill get cracking and find a solution

I had the same problem on my Windows 10 computer.

Fortunately I still have a Vista computer up and running, so it was easy to transfer the files and just install them like any other item of scenery. This worked fine for me.