How to get rid of an island?

hippicorn

I am trying to make the scenery for one of the Spratly Isands (one with a runway of course) and the equiivalent fsx island is right beside the one I am trying to produce.

island.jpg

Despite numerous attempts I am quite unable to remove the fsx version. Obvious things like the exclusion rectangle have no effect. Any ideas anyone?

island.jpg

Yes, OK. Remove the (original) water then add your own water where you want it. That might be easy to do in sbuilderx but i am using ADE. There are many classes of "water" in ADE and I have been running in circles trying them and so far with no success. Am almost to the point of giving up, so if anyone can give me a slightly more detailed explanation I would be very grateful.

Maybe u cant do it using ADE?? Not sure how much more detail you want?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

I dont mske scenery so havent a clue - but it looks to me as if default islands cant be removed but can be 'overlayed' perhaps?

I see no one else has replied to this thread so maybe it cant be done?

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs