Apparently, 1.14.5 is ready today. Got an update message when I started it this morning, listing all of the new features and fixes. All well and good, launched the update (3.13 GB), started it up after it finished, saw a new landing challenge, launched that and CTD... I heeded the advice to remove any files in the Community folder and emptied it out. Filled with confidence, I restarted the sim and when it came up, I was sent to the update page again..?? I clicked on the update and off it went, this time with a 1.49 GB update..?? Finishing that, I started it AGAIN, went to enter a simple point A to point B flight plan, entered Airport A and Airport B and they didn't take. Could not then and cannot now enter flight plans. Not sure if I can even free fly. MSFS 2020 isn't quite a dumpster fire yet, but there's smoke... I'll be upset if I have to reload the entire (what is it now, 300 GB?) sim again. When I go to Microsoft, it thinks I have version 1.13.17... Anybody run into this yet?

I have downloaded without a problem. Attempted the landing challenge and did not CTD. (I placed #615 for the moment.) Also, I forgot to delete any community folders so it was all there during the installation, and still no problems (so far).
Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

The update started by itself (I thought I had automatic updates turned off). The sim now crashes to desktop after selecting the plane and airport and clicking Fly. I restarted the computer and tried different planes and airports. I didn't know anything about emptying the community folder. It only has the Grumman Goose. Hope someone knows how to fix this. Not sure if I want another 6 day download for a reinstall.

I bought the MS version, not the Steam version, here's what I did:

Open MS Store, go to Downloads and updates, click the Get updates button. MSFS update found, which downloads and installs itself.

Close MS Store and launch MSFS. Update shows as available, click the Update button. Wait for the update to complete and the sim to start up.

Quit the sim and reboot PC.

Relaunch MSFS, a further update shows as available (these are the FSX default airline textures). Wait for the update to complete and the sim to start up.

Go to Content Manager, click on Show Updates and click on Select All, then click on Download. These are the updated Aviators Club liveries. Wait for the update to complete then quit the sim and reboot PC.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks, Tim! Tried your advice, but still no joy. FlightSimulator users (MANY of them) are reporting the same issue, a variety of solutions, with mixed results. The update is a hot mess, apparently you just wait patiently for your turn to get the update. Not happy...

Launched the game, got the 4 gig update, ran it, tried to do a Manual Cache of Jax, CTD

Updated it via MS Store, now getting a 1.2 gig update

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

When I first started FS today it ran through a short update, 12 minutes, without me doing anything. Then it crashed every time. I went in to the data section and found I had disabled online data, so I reset it. After a couple of restarts it checked for updates, went to the MS store, and started a 7.59 GB download. So I'm down until tomorrow. I am hoping that this was just my mistake of turning off online data, because maybe it could not complete the download. This is a Steam version, but I think Steam just provides you with the installer, which goes to the MS store for the real download.

Loaded update, blue screen of death halfway through, program got stuck on looking for updates. Had to uninstall after icon disappeared.

:confused: Problem with the update is it is mandatory. I sure hope this was MY fluke and not a system wide problem.

Hi I installed updates with no problem the last lot of updates can be done very quickly within content manager i know all machines are different but why are ppl getting all these problems, I don't understand it ,updates don't get much easier than in this sim,i am a real novice and I have never had a problem with any update from day one must be one of the lucky ones lol.

Always make sure your graphics drivers are up to date

Backup your community folder then if you get get problems after update just change name back and restore it

check microsoft store for updates regularly

install windows updates if needed

Personally I would only reinstall if absolutely necessary most things can be fixed without as the Sim is an app

I have the disc version but all my other games are on Steam which i have been with for 12yrs but I didn't want to trust msfs to steam I had a bad feeling about it ,steam can be touchy at times.

Here is something to try if anyone is haveing trouble with updates resetting might go back a bit but repair feature does not go back far

left click on start menu scroll down to msfs2020.

right click on msfs and scroll to more then choose App settings

When setting loads scroll down and you will see the option to Repair or reset I suggest trying Repair if that doesn't work try reset and just follow on screen instructions not sure about steam version .

Hope this helps someone

Kind Regards

Andrew

I ran the update and have not had any problems. Downloaded and installed in 25 minutes and working fine.

Windows 11, GeForce GTX 1660ti; 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core; Kingston SA2000M81000G SSD; 16 gb RAM; CH yoke; Saitek pedals; Three monitors; TrackIR 3.

I also updated with no issues whatsoever.

Started The Sim, it showed the update available. I clicked on the update now button in the Sim and waited for it to finish.

It downloaded the 9.46g update and when done I clicked on 'Continue'. Went through the normal start screens to the 'Welcome' screen. I checked the content manager as all was up to date. This was all done without exiting the Sim.

It makes you wonder. Some people have major issues, and many others have no issues. If only it could work well for all.

As a side note, I intend to exit the Sim and reboot the computer as a precaution only.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

I also ran the update without a problem. Everything loaded normally. I flew KFMZ to KOLU and all seems fine.

Still missing KPHG Phillipsburg, Kansas. If that were available, that would be my 3rd or 4th most used airport.

Update took about 20 minutes.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Same update success story for me. 100% uneventful and as always I'm happy to see Asobo continuing to refine and improve the sim.

I too kinda wonder why 'some' folks are having such issues with the thing. Seems like there must be some common denominator in their situations? I dunno, I ain't no PC expert ner nuthin' - lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

The update downloaded and installed without a problem once I left things alone. The lesson for me is not to disable online data and just let it update when it wants to. On start up the program disabled online weather due to low bandwidth. I will probably disable online traffic. I would rather not be dealing with the internet every time I run this.

Downloaded and installed without incident. But, saw there were 30 updates available in the Content Manager - all Aviator Club updates. I do not know what that is...is it just Livery updates?

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Downloaded and installed without incident. But, saw there were 30 updates available in the Content Manager - all Aviator Club updates. I do not know what that is...is it just Livery updates?

Yes it's just the Aviator Club liveries, but worth updating just in case.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Update downloaded in 20-25 minutes apparently fine.

Short flight after the update apparently fine as well.

Issues observed:

Some 3rd party scenery items in the Community folder are present in the Content Manager (as usual), but don't show in-game anymore. And yes, I had previously moved all items in the Community folder elsewhere, and moved them back after the update.

Also, some 3rd party aircraft (Aerolite Ultralight, Waco YMF5) now don't remember the selected livery when you change to another aircraft and back.

Any hint much appreciated.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

You can't avoid the internet when running this program. The data needed to run the program would require more than 800 SSDs holding 2TB of data each, obviously an impossibility. All that massive data is stored in The Cloud, and the program accesses it via the internet.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

You can't avoid the internet when running this program. The data needed to run the program would require more than 800 SSDs holding 2TB of data each, obviously an impossibility. All that massive data is stored in The Cloud, and the program accesses it via the internet.

If you were to download all the scenery it would actually be even more than that. I read somewhere it’s about 2 petabytes (1000 x 2tb drives)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

1: not all rigs are set the same or same speck

2: some have MSFS2020 on MS Store

3: Some have it on Steam

4 Some have it on DISKS!

hope this helps understand why it don't go smoothly for everyone just to mention a few issues......

and the universal fault will always be our brains are not all wired the same way......

I made a small error in misdirecting the install which led to a complete reinstall of the sim.... No complaints, and it works fine if not better..... the VR seems to be cleaner visually and now effortless to connect with the Reverb G2, but that could just be me getting use to the headset settings.... All in all ASOBO, love them or hate them have done a remarkable job with the sim now becoming what it says on the lid!! still some areas to address but i'm well happy for one.........

Edited by daspinall

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Don’t know if it’s down to me not emptying my community folder before updating.. but at Leeds/Bradford (with Orbx) I now have a row of flickering cars in front of one of the Multiflight hangers when in VR (Reverb G2)

The cars don’t appear in 2D mode, just in VR

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

All that's true. Not to mention some have Standard, some have upgrade, some have premium. I purchased from MS Store and I have NOTHING! Is it locale based? Works in Europe, not in California, works in Indonesia, not in South America? Am I parting my hair on the wrong side? Do I hold down Ctrl + SHIFT + ALT + NumLock 9?? Regardless, from my point of view this upgrade is now a full-fledged dumpster fire. Somewhere along the line, Asobo ineffectively released a faulty product that is causing heartburn for me and at least three other people...