FS2020 using half my GPU/CPU

hello all. again more issues with FS2020. i've been struggling with FPS since the last update, and now i'm noticing that the CPU and GPU drop almost 50% usage when going into any VC cockpit. outside I have 95% utilization and 60fps, hop inside and bam, 30-35fps with only 45-50% utilization on both GPU and CPU. I am on the latest drivers, so i've no clue why this is happening. has this happened to anyone else?

hello all. again more issues with FS2020. i've been struggling with FPS since the last update, and now i'm noticing that the CPU and GPU drop almost 50% usage when going into any VC cockpit. outside I have 95% utilization and 60fps, hop inside and bam, 30-35fps with only 45-50% utilization on both GPU and CPU. I am on the latest drivers, so i've no clue why this is happening. has this happened to anyone else?

I cannot offer much advice, however, I have seen settings get reset after an update. I would start there.

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

This probably sounds stupid but what is your playing experience like vs what your computer numbers are? 30-35 fps is not unusual for this sim. If your equipment maintains that and with a good experience and only uses half the computer then you're a winner. Otherwise I also suspect something to do with settings but that's just a guess.
Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot:

This probably sounds stupid but what is your playing experience like vs what your computer numbers are? 30-35 fps is not unusual for this sim. If your equipment maintains that and with a good experience and only uses half the computer then you're a winner. Otherwise I also suspect something to do with settings but that's just a guess.

it is sometimes good, sometimes terrible. i've had smooth 30fps and no issues. this however is very glitchy 30FPS, tons of microstudders. many others are having the same issue.