So far I located floatplane bases at Lake Hood, Fairbanks, Kenai, and Ketchican in Alaska. These are real and you can land on them, but they do not show on the world map so I don't know yet how to set up a departure flight from them. Summit Lake is also a floatplane base but you get a crash if you land on it. Also the one at Ketchican is somewhere in the river and you get a crash if you are a little off. The way around all this is to disable crash damage, then you can land on water anywhere.

Hi, what plane are you using? If you’re in a floatplane or amphibious plane (like the Icon A5) then you should be able to land on water anywhere. I haven't tried it for a while, but I can’t say I’ve ever had any problems

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If the landing gear is down when you try to land on water.. you will crash of course :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

That must have been it. Somehow when I set up the buttons on the CH yoke I was lowering the flaps but the gear also lowered. Got it right now. Next problem is that I can't taxi from water onto land. Gear appears to be lowering but is buried in the ground. IJ lowered the gear well before reaching land. Maybe I am trying to do something it is not supposed to do.

That must have been it. Somehow when I set up the buttons on the CH yoke I was lowering the flaps but the gear also lowered. Got it right now. Next problem is that I can't taxi from water onto land. Gear appears to be lowering but is buried in the ground. IJ lowered the gear well before reaching land. Maybe I am trying to do something it is not supposed to do.

Yea, I don't think you can taxi into or out of the water. Maybe someday...

I never managed that one either. Not sure we’re supposed to do that. I think it’s either land or water. Don’t think it’ll go from one to the other easily.

Regards

Steve

All I have is the Icon. Hoping someone will release the Beaver soon. You say you could land anywhere, I will check this again as one time I had the landing gear switch reverse but I thought I fixed it.

You may also look for the freeware Grumman G21 Goose, by the same aussie team who brought us the Redux version for FSX. Easily the best freeware airplane you can currently find for MSFS. Look for it in Google, it's easy to find, and you will surely enjoy it.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Yea, I don't think you can taxi into or out of the water. Maybe someday...

Maybe, and I also hope they include soon splash effects (wake, etc) and a more realistic behaviour when sitting on heavy waves.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Yes, some water effects would be nice. The real Icon can taxi between land and water, and there were some planes in FS9 that would do it, but that was then so I guess I will stop trying to do it. I'm trying to find the Grumman Goose right now and the links haven't been leading to a good download site.

Yes, some water effects would be nice. The real Icon can taxi between land and water, and there were some planes in FS9 that would do it, but that was then so I guess I will stop trying to do it. I'm trying to find the Grumman Goose right now and the links haven't been leading to a good download site.

Let us know if you find a good link for the Goose download. The creator seems to have worked really hard to create a cool model, but then he's dumped it on some atrocious websites that make it impossible to download without getting spammed and threatened with viruses.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

It's at the Sim Outhouse: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/content.php

Create a free account and navigate to: Add-Ons Library/FS 2020 Add-Ons Library/FS 2020 - Aircraft/FS 2020 - Civilian Prop

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Alternatively, you can find a link to the Goose here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/initial-release-grumman-goose-g21a-redux-ii/338063

which doesn't involve creating an account.

I know the Goose is also available from some of those "atrocious websites" someone mentioned, but I'd bet it's not the author who has dumped the aircraft in there.