Gauge positions in Panel

beroun

Hi,

gauge76=!Icon_HDG,X,Y,30,30 (X distance from left of the panel, Y distance from top of the panel)

Do lot of custom mods in panels and place the gauges by adjusting the X and Y amounts (sample above). Usually open the flight to see the panel, look at some existing gauge location in panel cfg close to where I want to place my new gauge, then use the corresponding X and Y amounts to fit my new gauge in.

BUT! I always need to end the flight and open it up again to see where my gauge is. This sometimes takes number of attempts.

Is there any way I can see the gauge locations by (ideally) pointing at panel location and see the X and Y amounts? Or some other way?

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

Hi Hans,

I have no problem placing gauges to the panel. Just would like to ID the location in advance, instead of ending and restarting the flight to see where I placed the gauge.

Cheers

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

You could try using an old program called CfgEdit. It's freeware and works pretty well on panel design. Mine works in windows 10 and I never have problems with editing panels.

Brigadier General Frank Savage

918th Bomb Group "Hard Luck Group"

After editing the positioning co-ordinates for your (new) gauge and saving the panel.cfg file concerned, it remains totally unnecessary to re-start your whole flight and especially when all you want to do is to see where your gauge has now been positioned on your plane's panel. As Tom in fact also points out, take the short cut by only re-loading/re-selecting your plane from the drop down menu. In that case only the plane will be re-loaded, including it's edited panel.

Hans