Hovering objects in Flight Sims are realistic after all...

tiger1962

If you've ever seen a hovering building, AI aircraft or autogen objects, take look at this:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-56286719

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Which sim is this representative of?

I've never seen such in the latest P3D, for example.

Floating buildings maybe, but not ships, NEVER ships...

Maybe the default nuclear sub has got to them before you...

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Just like with all advanced map editors that Novalogic had, and still has with their game titles. If you offset, or misuse the X, y offset, your map objects, including your runway, will be hovering 10 or 20 feet above the terrain, water. Some of these guys managed to invert the object, a ship stuck with the bow down into the ocean as well. You can get as meticulous, and organized, or as goofy as you wanna get with this stuff. Novalogic was doin', as well as cheaters online, in windows 98.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]