PACX HELP. Im searching for any HELP that I can get.

Ive turned my question to this forum instead of TFI Forum since no response seems to be coming

I have recently chosen to buy PACX and whenever I fly to any destination

it crashes the program either upon landing or when deboarding happens

My crash log will be XML cause I have a Danish computer so everything else is written in Danish

System running the game is Win10 64bit

RAM: 16GB

CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.80Ghz

GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Game: FSX Steam Edition

First couple of crashes was KERNELBASE.dll:

-

-

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-81BJ1J6

-

PACX.exe

5f9067ce

KERNELBASE.dll

6a8e6b97

e0434352

12ee8

01d70f6b1f733f34

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\TFDi Design\PACX\PACX.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

659c57ce-071a-4bd0-aee2-b2ffa9aefaf8

2nd type of crashes:

-

-

0x80000000000000

Application

DESKTOP-81BJ1J6

-

PACX.exe

5f9067ce

unknown

c0000005

1c6d83eb

c424

01d70f63beeb6464

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\TFDi Design\PACX\PACX.exe

unknown

b439327f-5e46-45fc-b2da-54a9b055fc1b

Another thing I have noticed, is that whenever PACX is running, my mouse becomes less responsive

ANY help will do

I found this reply on google from PACX support a year ago

PACX itself runs outside of the simulator, so this would indicate an issue with FSUIPC. Do you have "PACX" under the Addons menu in-sim? That portion is in-sim, and could be the culprit.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

May or may not be relevant. If it was me, I'd have Steam install FSX outside of its default directory and in C:\\FSX. The programs folder is protected and can pose issues with a Sim. Especially if you add a Steam component to your game. I wouldn't even use Steam for FSX. I'm grateful I own the box set. Bought it on eBay many years ago. But many may not have that ability so if you use Steam then I'd opt to install to C:\\FSX. That could help reduce the error crap. Windows 10 is another story...

Edit- Have you tried support? Top | right bar. https://tfdidesign.com/pacx.php Might be a crapshoot, but it's a try.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

I found this reply on google from PACX support a year ago

PACX itself runs outside of the simulator, so this would indicate an issue with FSUIPC. Do you have "PACX" under the Addons menu in-sim? That portion is in-sim, and could be the culprit.

Yes I have PACX under Add-ons in the flightsim and that was where I launched it from

How do I check if FSUIPC is a problem here?

May or may not be relevant. If it was me, I'd have Steam install FSX outside of its default directory and in C:\\FSX. The programs folder is protected and can pose issues with a Sim. Especially if you add a Steam component to your game. I wouldn't even use Steam for FSX. I'm grateful I own the box set. Bought it on eBay many years ago. But many may not have that ability so if you use Steam then I'd opt to install to C:\\FSX. That could help reduce the error crap. Windows 10 is another story...

Edit- Have you tried support? Top | right bar. https://tfdidesign.com/pacx.php Might be a crapshoot, but it's a try.

I tried to post in TFI a couple of days ago with no respond sadly

But I cant install FSX on my C drive since it is full already with only 50GB left before its filled

I would guess try disabling FSUIPC? That might also cure any micro stutters you may have too

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

May or may not be relevant. If it was me, I'd have Steam install FSX outside of its default directory and in C:\\FSX. The programs folder is protected .....

Your comment, whilst valid, is in the case of the FSX install location, not relevant...the OP has it stored at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\TFDi Design\PACX\PACX.exe as indicated in the fault log entries.

What might be relevant is if the OP only has the 'game' stored at the stated D:\ location AND has the Client element located at the default C:\ProgramFiles\Steam\ location.

For those unaware the Steam App is best viewed as TWO separate elements - the Client (which controls your access to Steam via your account etc) and the Library (which is where your individual 'Games' are stored on your PC).

You can install the Client in one location and, within a specific set folder hierarchy, the library in another single location OR multiple locations. By default the Library is set to the same location as the Client but when you download and install a new 'game' you can specify a new location if you wish. You can also 'move' existing installations to a new location also using the options available.

The set folder hierarchy means that all 'games' must be stored in a folder system that starts \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\ - it is impossible to actually set it to :\FSX - even if you create the folder before hand. Steam will simply create the set folder structure and then install the 'game to :\FSX\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\

What is important to remember about this is that certain control elements for each individual 'game' (and any addons associated with it) remains stored within the Client element AND it may be something that the client is trying to do that is causing the crash. It the Client is stored at the default location use the 'move' tool available within Steam to change its location

Regards

Brian

---

run a scan with system file checker.

click the Windows Start button, and type: cmd

you will see cmd.exe listed at the top.

right click on it and in the drop-down click on "run as administrator"

then type:

scf /scannow

(there is a space between sfc and /scannow)

then press enter.

sfc (system file checker) will run a scan and try to repair the system files.

After the scan it will say either: "no errors found" or "errors found and repaired"

both are ok.

third option is it says: "errors found but unable to repair all errors".

If that happens, run it again.

Sometimes it first needs to fix some files before it can use those fixed files on a second run to fix other files as well.

Running several times may be needed.

If after two or three times still errors after sfc /scannow, ten reboot and try again.

(And unfortunately even sfc can't always fix everything.)

after you have fixed as much as you reasonably can, start fsx and try again.

-----

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your comment, whilst valid, is in the case of the FSX install location, not relevant...the OP has it stored at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\TFDi Design\PACX\PACX.exe as indicated in the fault log entries.

Yes, I now realize this after reading his response.

I tried to post in TFI a couple of days ago with no respond sadly

But I cant install FSX on my C drive since it is full already with only 50GB left before its filled