Thread: Article: Milviz Previews F4U Corsair For MSFS 2020

Blog Entries

Default Article: Milviz Previews F4U Corsair For MSFS 2020

It looks amazing, but know this; it will be the most expensive aircraft ever created for MSFS

Quote Originally Posted by rooitou View Post
    It looks amazing, but know this; it will be the most expensive aircraft ever created for MSFS
    Like how much?

After I had recovered from the latest awful Gaming Services and MSFS problems, I reinstalled MSFS and went to reinstall a couple of payware planes including my Milviz Corsair. I followed all the instructions but found that my Corsair was not only missing it's wheels but the cockpit was completely non-functional. Anyone else have this problem?

Problems with MSFS?!? No way....

I purchased the Milviz F4U Corsair today. Very nice rendition. Flies Great! Since it has been touted as having the same flight profile as the full scale Corsair, I was very interested since I have flown a 1/4 Scale Radio Controlled version for several years. I had discussions with a few Pilots at the Oshkosh Fly-in back in the 1980's about how difficult it was to takeoff and land without mishaps.. They were a lot of help and I finally mastered it. The Milviz version has the same characteristics and most will find it a real challenge to land and survive it. In the air, it is a masterpiece of flight just as predictable as the full scale Corsair. The Milviz F4U Corsair is religious to that in every way that I can reproduce. Don't misunderstand, it is my most favorite Warbird, but it will take some practice and a lot of bent props before many MSFS pilots can master the transition phases between land and air. A point worth noting, over 700 Corsairs were listed as lost to "non-combat operational losses".. compared to 189 lost in aerial combat. Enough said... My advice to Milviz is that they may wish to dial back the realism a bit on the runway portion of the landing phase, especially the unstable roll moment on post touchdown where wing tips drag
    the pavement. otherwise it's a fine job!
    Last edited by Gpurg; 09-19-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Just a side note about my previous post on the Milviz Corsair.. Hard to break old habits, but the post is actually on the New Milviz FG-1D CORSAIR. I have always referred to the Corsair by it's original F4U model designation... my bad. Otherwise, the post is accurate as written.
    AMD Ryzen-7, 4800H, 4th Gen Radeon Graphics - 32GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD Boot, 1TB HD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB - Asus TUF FA506IV Upgradable Dedicated Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 - 55" Samsung 1920 x 1080 - MSFS Settings on Ultra and some on High with no jitter or lag. HOTAS Control - Std Logitech X52.