Animated water - remove the effect?

Qballbandit

Good evening,

Years ago I removed the annoying undulating water effect based on information provided back at that time by other users.

I'd like to rid myself of the headache inducing animated wave effect again, but can't recall how to do this.

Any information or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Neil

Delete the beaches? This applies to the wave effect along the shore, which are generated by the beach textures. So if you remove the beaches using SBuilder.... I don't think there is any other way to do it. If you are referring to some other wave effect then this is not the answer you need.

Good evening,

Years ago I removed the annoying undulating water effect based on information provided back at that time by other users.

I'd like to rid myself of the headache inducing animated wave effect again, but can't recall how to do this.

Any information or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Neil

In your FS9 Effects folder, search for wavecontroller.fx and lakewavecontroller.fx, and rename them to wavecontroller.fx.bak and lakewavecontroller.fx.bak. The animation will still be happening, but it'll now be invisible.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank guys for the advice. I'll try both methods - the effects files, and the slider.

It wasn't the beach edges, it's the open water effect I loathe.

Again, thanks very much. :)

Neil

edit: the effects files being renamed and deleted did nothing. The slider did the trick. Thanks very much!

Edited by Qballbandit

Thank guys for the advice. I'll try both methods - the effects files, and the slider.

It wasn't the beach edges, it's the open water effect I loathe.

Again, thanks very much. :)

Neil

edit: the effects files being renamed and deleted did nothing. The slider did the trick. Thanks very much!

Did you have any add on water textures you were using or just default?

There’s quite a lot of different water textures out there, freeware and payware. Some do reduce the effect somewhat. I’ve had some that I can’t notice it except on certain angles only rather then all the time.

Of course it would be better if it didn’t do that. Strangely a fix was never found for it.