MSFS Icon only opening the Microsoft Store.

Good day good people,

When I double click the MSFS Icon on the desktop, it will only open the Microsoft Store Showing the Gaming Services App install option.

I have installed it but the Icon will only open the Store again.

Strange. It was working yesterday.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just something on my system?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Here is a shot of the screen when I try to launch the Sim.

MSStore.JPG

As you can see, it says installed on the left, but the icon will not open the Sim. I cannot open the sim from the search bar either. I can find Microsoft Flight Simulator App, but it just opens the store also.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Not sure if it is related, but I've had issues with Gaming Services. I found that, by running Windows Task Manager, there are two instances of Gaming Services running. I end task on one of them, and that rerurns MSFS functionality...

Just an update here.

I reported this to Zendesk and just had a reply that has got me up and running again. Reply time about 1/2 hour.

I will post here what I had to do to clear things up;

"First, please do the following in this order:

1. Click on Start (the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen)

2. Select Settings

3. Go to Update & Security

4. Stay on Windows Update

5. Click the Check for Updates button.

6. Wait until the verification is done.

7. In the Windows search bar type "Store" and open the Microsoft Store app installed on your computer

8. In the top right-hand side corner of the Microsoft Store app, click on the Arrow icon or the three-dots menu

9. Select Downloads and updates.

10 Click Get updates and Update all

11. Reboot the computer

If the problem persists after that you'll need to make sure that Gaming Services is installed and running. To do so, follow the instructions below in that order.

Step1. Reset Gaming Services

1. Close Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. From your computer Start menu, navigate to Settings > Apps

3. Type "Gaming" or "Services" in the search bar

4. Select Gaming Services

5. Click on Advanced options

6. Click Reset

7. Reboot the system

8. Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator"

The first part on the above did not help in my case, but the second part did the trick.

Thanks to all who looked to see if they could be of assistance.

Hal

Your are welcome Loki.

I like to post any problems and the solution in case someone else has the issue.

I was very surprised by how fast the support team got back to me. I emailed them back that the problem was solved and had another email within 5 minutes.

Hal

When I double click the MSFS Icon on the desktop, it will only open the Microsoft Store Showing the Gaming Services App install option.

This is what I did to enable Microsoft Flight Simulator to open directly from a desktop icon.

There are 4 or 5 Microsoft Apps in my “All Apps folder in File Explorer”, 2 of which are Microsoft Store and Microsoft Flight Simulator. The App that I chose to create a shortcut to my desktop (Figure C), was “Microsoft Flight Simulator”, not “Microsoft Store”.

To view the Applications folder in Windows 10, press [Windows]+R, type shell:AppsFolder in the Open text box (Figure A), and press Enter. All your applications should appear in one scrollable window similar to (Figure B).

Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator app icon and select Create Shortcut, as shown in (Figure B).

Ron M

Short-Cut-a.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

• 3 months later...
Good day good people,

I have installed it but the Icon will only open the Store again.

Strange. It was working yesterday.

Anyone else noticed this or is it just something on my system?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hal

I had the same problem, and got so fed up I uninstalled the program with a view to reinstalling it. Now it wont install from the game store even though I says I own the program, nothing happens when I click install, Help?

I too have the same problem. After 3 months with no issues today I am directed to the Microsoft Store.

I have tried the solution posted by Hal step by step but unfortunately it did not work for me. It seems I am not alone with this issue. I shall keep trying.

Harold

Harold

Intel i7-10700, 2x 16GB DIMM DDR4-3200, GeForce RTX 2070 8GB GDDR6, 512GB SSD M.2 2280 2TB HDD, CH Yoke, Grass Monkey Puck IR Headset, Win 10 Pro 64