KPIT runway usage

nadlzfw

Once again, I flew to KPIT (Pittsburgh) and, as usual, got frustrated that they only ever operate runway 32; never any of the 10-28's. Since the taxiway arrangement does not suit this, there is always traffic jams going to and from the runway. Is there a way to make 10-28 (any of the three) available to the controllers?

I have not changed any of the scenery or airport data; it's all original.

Thanks!

Nadlzfw

Hi,

Try setting the wind from either 100 or 280 at 8 kts.

If that doesn't work, use a tool like AFCAD or ADE to remove the start locations for runway 14/32.

Worth a try?

Or, using above tools close both RWY14 and 32 for takeoff and landing.

That's what I do with most parallel runway airports like EHAM. Only 36/18L,C and R are in use, I've closed down the others. Doesn't matter where the wind comes from then.

You can, for example, set up 10R/28L to be used for landing only and both others for takeoff only, or any other combination you prefer. But you have to close both ends of the runway for takeoff, landing or both, or FS9 will ignore it.

Regards,

DDP.

Hi,

Does runway 32 have ILS?

Stock FS9 KPIT has ILS for all of the runways so that shouldn't be a factor here.

I just set up at KPIT, set FS9 own weather interface to 097-16kt. I then advanced time by a minute to update AI/ATC. ATIS then gave me 10L,C and R for takeoff and landing, so that seems to be working...

Again, use AFCAD or ADE and close down 14/32 for takeoff and landing.

Also, you'll never get completely rid of AI traffic jams, limitations of FS9... AIs will time out waiting to take off or waiting to cross an active runway trying to taxi to a gate...

I once tried to edit the taxiways at KATL, to try to force AI to use the V taxiway around 8R, didn't work, they just got stuck and timed out... So on large airports (KATL, KMSP, EHAM...) I turn down AI traffic to 60-80pct.

Regards,

DDP.