Any special technique required for cold starts? For example the C152. I've flown a real one. I don't see any fuel pump switch and the fuel shut off valve appears to be just a picture. The engine will crank but not start. Ctrl-e does work

Any special technique required for cold starts? For example the C152. I've flown a real one. I don't see any fuel pump switch and the fuel shut off valve appears to be just a picture. The engine will crank but not start. Ctrl-e does work

Following this thread, because I've had similar problems. I am able to start a C-172 by turning the ignition the old fashioned way. But there are other planes where I am apparently missing something, because I turn the ignition, the engine starts, the propellers begin moving, and then it dies.

There is a fuel pump switch and shut-off valve in the C-172 and both do work. I don't know about C-152s.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

The way to do this that I have found is to follow the checklists. Pick it from the dropdown menu on the upper screen. The button with the check mark. These walk you thru the start-up procedures for the plane that you are in. If it calls for a switch or control that you can't find, click the Evaluate Item button and it will show you where. Both the basic Cessnas are well documented. Some others seem to be a bit more sketchy.

A real Cessna 152 does not have a fuel pump. Once you turn on the fuel (the valve on the front of the floor between the seats) you use the primer, which is right below the parking brake. Put the cursor over it and click and you will see the valve move out and back in. Generally you prime three times. Make sure your mixture is full rich and the throttle cracked about a quarter and you're ready to start.