Well yesterdays hotfix did not go well for me. What ever miss step I made has necessitated a full install and I am now downloading 162 gigs hoping the sim will run well when its finished.

My first flight sim was fs98 and then progressed to xplane which I had been using prior to fs2020. Needless to say I never experienced any thing like this with past sims. I am at the point now where I have to ask myself if all this hassle is worth it.

There use to be only one thing that could make a Nun start cussing like a sailor and that was trying to play golf. Golf is now in danger of losing that title to installing and running fs2020. I hate to call this money badly spent and move on but I am starting to see no alternative. I am Catholic so perhaps I should consult an actual Nun on what I should do here.

Sorry about that. In the future, perhaps, wait a day or two before downloading the updates. Apparently the latest hotfix update must be done through the MSFS App in the Store, not through the Sim. That is my understanding after the first wave of downloading. If you wait a bit longer you may get better clarification on how to go about applying any of the updates in the future. There are folks here who share a great deal of useful information to help everyone.

Well yesterdays hotfix did not go well for me. What ever miss step I made has necessitated a full install and I am now downloading 162 gigs hoping the sim will run well when its finished.

My first flight sim was fs98 and then progressed to xplane which I had been using prior to fs2020. Needless to say I never experienced any thing like this with past sims. I am at the point now where I have to ask myself if all this hassle is worth it.

There use to be only one thing that could make a Nun start cussing like a sailor and that was trying to play golf. Golf is now in danger of losing that title to installing and running fs2020. I hate to call this money badly spent and move on but I am starting to see no alternative. I am Catholic so perhaps I should consult an actual Nun on what I should do here.

Some more info would be helpful. You don't describe exactly what took place after the hot fix, except having to do a full re-install. Did you purchase MSFS through MS Store or through Steam? Have you had issues with updates previously? If yes, what kinds of issues? What are your PC specs? If bought through Steam DO NOT "verify game files" for MSFS, as this initializes a complete re-install of MSFS. I have the Steam version and latest update was a 302 MB 'hot fix' for the flaps issue resulting from previous update. No issues with the update at all. Also when in game, always check your Content Folder to be sure all updates fully installed.

I did not know there was a hotfix, lol. Fired up the sim, no mention of it.

To the MS Store we go!!! :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

On MY PC yesterday, when I first fired up the sim I got the "X" software wants to make a change to your system" box on the screen, I clicked yes and within a minute or two the game began to load as normal. I checked and the version had been updated to 1.13.17.0 with no further action on my part.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Yea, I was having issues updating as well. Clicked on my Xbox icon and all I got was a blank window! Went online to the MS game store and after finally finding my download page (not very intuitive for me), all I got was the spinning dots (like when you start Windows), and a blank, black screen. SO I shut it all down, took a deep breath and waited til this morning to try again. WHOLA! All loaded and working again perfectly, ha! For me the update musta been only some 20 megabytes as it would take me like 20 minutes to update a gig of data as some have claimed it did for them.

So I would suggest the same and let MS clear up its online fubars before trying again. If you truly started a complete re-install all I can say is bummer... :)

Ok update; its nine hours later and 122 gigs are downloaded. I have a 100mbits unlimited connection but the sim hovers around the 40 mark. My ISP must think I am trying to down load the entire content of the Smithsonian institute

I was unaware of the hot fix before I launched the sim got redirect to ms store for update. Updated; started the sim and was confronted by the welcome set your experience screen. It was at this point that I new I was in trouble. I had never had problems with previous updates. Yep time to download 160 gigs. I am not a big add on guy so my community folder is empty.

I think ms is going to have to offer the core of the sim on thumb drive so we can install and then update from there in market place. I just dont see the casual/new/simmer type taking the time to dl this sim. I mean put yourself in there shoes. Ya always wanted to try a flight sim. Wha Wha What? 160 gigs !......nah maybe some other time.

I did run into Sister Teraseana this morning. I got as far as "what do you think of fs20...and she was already cussing and hitting me in the back of the head with a third grade spelling book. Thank God that woman only ways 80 pounds. To be fair though she may have also caught site of the golf clubs in the back seat of my car.