Instant Replay whats taking MS so long?

No, Im not gonna use the freeware Flight Recorder that has tons of limitations, only can do this and that x, y axes, provided you turn off this and that...its crazy, complicated, boring, unusable

If MS listens: we can do without some new scenery region addon in the next updates provided you concentrate on Instant Replay.

Everytime I fly I go through a lot of work and planning...and the reward is the replay. Relaxing to see your flight, specially approach and landings.

Plus COMPLETE aircraft from addon dev would be nice. How I miss Captainsim planes in fsx or p3d that you could actually use the stairs and get into the plane, use the toilet, open close doors... here we are in the latest sim unable to do things were available in 2006, we are stuck in just a cockpit, only two or three for airliners, feels like single front view like ol fs98 2d, the rest of the plane doesnt exist...pretend it does say some resignated users

well, 3d models are there, people just need time to do the full plane i guess

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

No, Im not gonna use the freeware Flight Recorder that has tons of limitations, only can do this and that x, y axes, provided you turn off this and that...its crazy, complicated, boring, unusable

If MS listens: we can do without some new scenery region addon in the next updates provided you concentrate on Instant Replay.

Everytime I fly I go through a lot of work and planning...and the reward is the replay. Relaxing to see your flight, specially approach and landings.

Plus COMPLETE aircraft from addon dev would be nice. How I miss Captainsim planes in fsx or p3d that you could actually use the stairs and get into the plane, use the toilet, open close doors... here we are in the latest sim unable to do things were available in 2006, we are stuck in just a cockpit, only two or three for airliners, feels like single front view like ol fs98 2d, the rest of the plane doesnt exist...pretend it does say some resignated users

Asobo already addressed this with talks with devs and will be including replay at some point in the near future. When? *shrugs*

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

Just MY geezer opinion, and worth every penny it just cost you, I would think it preferable for Asobo to concentrate the bulk of their resources to correcting functional bugs/issues, scenery glitches and the like, adding a few more GA aircraft and even those airliner things, than purely cosmetic novelties like being able to enter the crapper of a jumbo jet - lol

But that's just me, one of the very few people on this planet who truly matters...... to me. lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

They have a prototype and still have it scheduled to come sometime this year.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/february-25th-2021-development-update/

There is a lot on their plate, including the coming DX12 update.

The DX12 update is far more important imho. I am hoping it improves the performance of the sim and we can get rid of the scenery popping due to reduced LOD. Stuttering has increased on my high end sytem too, although in fairness I haven't done much detective work to sort that out as I have been too busy scenery designing.

I can wait for the replay mode. I hardy ever used it in previous sims anyhow, although it would be useful for video producers I suspect.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I will admit there are more pressing matters than a replay mode but what is your confidence level that ASOBO will get it right the first time. If its like everything else it will get released; bugs discovered; bugs patched but creates new bugs and so on and so on. OOF

2025 development update. We are now proud to say replay function is working properly.

The DX12 update is far more important imho. I am hoping it improves the performance of the sim and we can get rid of the scenery popping due to reduced LOD. Stuttering has increased on my high end sytem too, although in fairness I haven't done much detective work to sort that out as I have been too busy scenery designing.

The DX12 update is tied to the Xbox release, and the developers have talked about other optimizations being worked on for the console that will also help with the PC side. As powerful as the new Xbox consoles are, they still have limitations, such as the amount of RAM, that need to be accounted for.

The replay feature is being worked on and will be introduced this year (likely towards year end). Keep in mind that the first version is going to be very basic. You will not be able to replay back all the different views and features that we are used to in other sims. Right now, it requires a lot of effort to make a video with different views of a flight without a built in record and playback feature.

I can wait for the replay mode. I hardy ever used it in previous sims anyhow, although it would be useful for video producers I suspect.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Agreed, but man...that DX12 update is gonna be HUGE, it'll be like downloading the sim all over again.

Ryzen 5 5600x / NVIDIA 3060 Ti Founder's Edition / ASRock B450M Steel Legend Motherboard / 2TB Inland Premium TLC NVMe SSD / 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM / Monitor: Monoprice Zero-G 35" UWQHD (3440x1440 Ultrawide)

Agreed, but man...that DX12 update is gonna be HUGE, it'll be like downloading the sim all over again.

We've basically already done this with previous updates. Also, most of the downloaded data is content rather than the core application itself, which is where the DX12 changes would be.

The replay feature is being worked on and will be introduced this year (likely towards year end). Keep in mind that the first version is going to be very basic. You will not be able to replay back all the different views and features that we are used to in other sims. Right now, it requires a lot of effort to make a video with different views of a flight without a built in record and playback feature.

So in other words its gong to take them tell years end to provide a replay function that I can already do with Nvidea shadow play. In the words of Joe Biden, "come on man"

I just used the free recorder utility and watched my landing in the CJ-4 into my home airport of KCMI and it was glorious! Limitations or not, I have my replay back!

• 1 year later...
I just used the free recorder utility and watched my landing in the CJ-4 into my home airport of KCMI and it was glorious! Limitations or not, I have my replay back!

Is this FS Recorder like in FSX, where you replay by dialling inns number of seconds and then it plays it back in a number of views?.In FSX it was great to view your landing immediately after the flight.

It used to be under Add Ons in the Menu.

I didn’t ask much more of it than this,so I didn’t see any limitations?

I’m aware that this is an old thread, so if events have overtaken the need to ask this query, then I do apologise

Edited by Cas141

There is a 3rd party recorder. Here's a video about it:

I have used this since MSFS was introduced. It has everything. There are some small imperfections but if you are looking at a replay of landing, or anything else, with different views, time, weather, all of which can be changed on the fly, then this is it. Consider it's free and honestly, what more could you ask for.