Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just us guys here?

Default Is it just us guys here?

I'm curious. There are many actual women pilots. Are there any MSFS pilots of the female persuasion among us? Or are we just a bunch of boys with our computer toys?
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Quote Originally Posted by Aptosflier View Post
    I'm curious. There are many actual women pilots. Are there any MSFS pilots of the female persuasion among us? Or are we just a bunch of boys with our computer toys?
    Lol.. I've wondered the same thing and assuming it's the latter. There are a couple of female pilot Youtubers out there, and one uses MSFS regularly for her episodes. So they exist. But women MSFS fans are probably an untapped market that Microsoft will hopefully take an interest in.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I know 2 ladies that love flying in DCS Combat World. They think what I do in MSFS 2020 is boring!
    MSI Mag Z390 M/B, I7-9700K 4.7 Ghz, 32 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 2080 8GB Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive, 850W P/S

My flying club has about 10% female flyers, and some of the blokes are suspect, in my opinion..!

Blog Entries

meaning ladies rarely love aviation
    most that get into pilot career are just chosing a profession and the most part they enjoy about and are proud of?

working in a traditional "men" job. Thats all their motive...to prove they can do it, to feel proud about their gender feminism, its just a job

no love for aviation or passion for old calssic jets of golden era, like we guys spend hours, days reading, collecting, etc
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Hi - my name is Randy - I'm 72, heterosexual, retired, overweight and under-loved. Looking for a good woman who owns an GA airplane to share my life and my life-long passion for aviation..... please send picture of airplane.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Blog Entries

When I flew FS2004 I use to exchange dialog with quiet a few ATC girls, and one very friendly ATC girl we use to have a good chat when I flew over Greenland... yep lots of females in FS.....
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    4x8GB = 32GB DDR4 Vengeance LXP 2400MHz
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    most that get into pilot career are just chosing a profession and the most part they enjoy about and are proud of?

working in a traditional "men" job. Thats all their motive...to prove they can do it, to feel proud about their gender feminism, its just a job

no love for aviation or passion for old calssic jets of golden era, like we guys spend hours, days reading, collecting, etc
    This comment is complete rubbish and is probably a good explanation of exactly why women aren't flocking to flight sim forums to pursue simming as a hobby. I am not in the aviation world so I don't know as many people in it of either gender. But whenever I see a man pontificating about what he perceives women's "motivations" to be in other aspects of life, the ease with which to disprove such nonsense is comical.

The women I know in my profession, and also my other hobby in the music world, kick some serious ass and are rock stars.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post

Here's one lady who's a commercial pilot/flight instructor/MSFS 2020 flight-simmer. She posts very helpful instructional (ad-supported) videos on YouTube. Her cat sometimes joins in. In one of her videos, she explains how to talk with ATC. In that video, she actually talks to a live ATC--in the sim. I think she uses an add-on called Pilotedge that connects her to a network of sim-connected real-life (retired) air traffic controllers who are somehow watching all the other simmers connected to them. I might try that someday--once I can at least flawlessly fly--and land--a Cessna 172.
    HP Omen 25L Desktop, Intel i7-1070 CPU, 32 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia 3070 GPU, 1 TB SSD, Logitech flight yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, multi-panel, radio panel, TrackIR 5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neilends View Post
    This comment is complete rubbish and is probably a good explanation of exactly why women aren't flocking to flight sim forums to pursue simming as a hobby. I am not in the aviation world so I don't know as many people in it of either gender. But whenever I see a man pontificating about what he perceives women's "motivations" to be in other aspects of life, the ease with which to disprove such nonsense is comical.

The women I know in my profession, and also my other hobby in the music world, kick some serious ass and are rock stars.
    what you say is nonsense and by know means proves nothing
    I am a darwinist observer of reality and reality is all i see

whos talking about music? music doesnt count because they do LOVE and are PASSIONATE about music

we re talking planes here
    come up with an on topic point into the debate

appreciate the "I know one lady thats different..."

we all do, exceptions confirm the rule

the chance of flying with a female pilot in your next flight is high, there are many many of them employed in airlines

All proud of....their job...wearing the pilot suit and showing thay are just as pro...and they are!! no doubt, excellent airline pilots

but not because of their passion of aviation

and will add more:
    female pilot career took a boost as the profession got more a system operator of company procedures MFDs turning knobs etc

in the past when flying was more in the hand and navigation in the head, few ventured

like racing cars for example...its not that there arent any with passion for flying, its just not the majority
    Last edited by Kapitan; 03-02-2021 at 01:47 PM.
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast