Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it just us guys here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    meaning ladies rarely love aviation
    most that get into pilot career are just chosing a profession and the most part they enjoy about and are proud of?

working in a traditional "men" job. Thats all their motive...to prove they can do it, to feel proud about their gender feminism, its just a job

no love for aviation or passion for old calssic jets of golden era, like we guys spend hours, days reading, collecting, etc
    That is definitely NOT true for all the women I've met and flown with over the years. They've all flown for the same reason that men do, love of aviation. If you read Flying Magazine, Martha Lunken's column alone should show you the love that at least one woman has for aviation, and there are other examples in various other publications too, but my first sentence above is from personal experience from about 1969 on.

There are undoubtedly a few women who ALSO have an "equality" goal, in addition to their love for aviation, but it was mostly attempts to be able to satisfy their own longings for jobs/positions that had long been denied to them. And have you ever heard of Patty Wagstaff or Julie Clark? They are famous women on the airshow circuit who could not possibly be doing what they do without the tremendous passion that is needed for ANYONE to get into the airshow business.

More to the point of the start of this thread, there have been a very few women on this forum over the last 23 plus years, and they didn't stick around all that long, for the most part, perhaps because of certain attitudes by a very few here. There also may be (I'm only guessing) a few who are here that don't let it be known that they are female -- that's their choice, of course, but we'll never know unless they choose to let us know.

So please, back off from that attitude.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

the chance of flying with a female pilot in your next flight is high, there are many many of them employed in airlines

All proud of....their job...wearing the pilot suit and showing thay are just as pro...and they are!! no doubt, excellent airline pilots

but not because of their passion of aviation

and will add more:
    female pilot career took a boost as the profession got more a system operator of company procedures MFDs turning knobs etc

in the past when flying was more in the hand and navigation in the head, few ventured
    How many of these women have you known personally, as opposed to reading about them or hearing about them? In the first place, it would be a rare individual indeed (man OR woman) who could put up with all that it takes to be a good airline pilot or military pilot (there are many women in both) without a passion for aviation. Both professions involve a tremendous amount of hassle (for both men AND women), in addition to the absolute discipline they must use and endure to get into and to remain in the profession.

You really don't know what you're talking about. Spend 30 plus years working, flying and visiting with and getting to know some of these women, keeping your own personal attitude mild (otherwise you get the wrong picture), and then come back and tell me what you say above.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Quote Originally Posted by lnuss View Post
    That is definitely NOT true for all the women I've met and flown with over the years. They've all flown for the same reason that men do, love of aviation. If you read Flying Magazine, Martha Lunken's column alone should show you the love that at least one woman has for aviation, and there are other examples in various other publications too, but my first sentence above is from personal experience from about 1969 on.

There are undoubtedly a few women who ALSO have an "equality" goal, in addition to their love for aviation, but it was mostly attempts to be able to satisfy their own longings for jobs/positions that had long been denied to them. And have you ever heard of Patty Wagstaff or Julie Clark? They are famous women on the airshow circuit who could not possibly be doing what they do without the tremendous passion that is needed for ANYONE to get into the airshow business.

More to the point of the start of this thread, there have been a very few women on this forum over the last 23 plus years, and they didn't stick around all that long, for the most part, perhaps because of certain attitudes by a very few here. There also may be (I'm only guessing) a few who are here that don't let it be known that they are female -- that's their choice, of course, but we'll never know unless they choose to let us know.

So please, back off from that attitude.
    I very much agree with Larry. Every female pilot I have ever met is just as passionate about flying and just as capable as any of the male pilots.

And when it comes to online forums, far too many woman have had bad experiences with immature behaviour from some of the guys. From there they unfortunately either keep quiet, or go elsewhere.

Name:  NGxo7AA.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  63.8 KB
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Randy I have become a fan of your humorous interjections.

The vast majority of us here agree: we wish there were much more women simmers here on the forum and in general. I hope over time this becomes a reality.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Blog Entries

Am I the only member with a female Flightsim.com pilot friend?, I'm sure there are others lurking in the background reluctant to join in because of thread starters like this one. It's great for both sexes to have a commonality in this case flight, I applaud and encourage that.... Amelia Earhart is one of my aviation all time hero's....
    Last edited by daspinall; 03-02-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz
    ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 Motherboard
    4x8GB = 32GB DDR4 Vengeance LXP 2400MHz
    XFX RX 5600 XT Thicc III ULTRA-14GBPS 6GB Boost UP to 1750MHz GDDR6 3xDP

Thanks, I try to keep things "light". This IS only a game after all, nobody here is curing world hunger or any major diseases.

As a lifelong EAA member and decades long tram volunteer at AirVenture Oshkosh, I can attest that female attendance at this real-life aviation convention is indeed 'less' than male, but still there remain a whole lot of couples and females in general on the grounds. Women in aviation are thankfully abundant.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Quote Originally Posted by daspinall View Post
    Am I the only member with a female Flightsim.com pilot friend?, I'm sure there are others lurking in the background reluctant to join in because of thread starters like this one. It's great for both sexes to have a commonality in this case flight, I applaud and encourage that.... Amelia Earhart is one of my aviation all time hero's....
    Just to be fair, the person who started the thread did so in the same spirit that I think the majority of us are speaking/posting. The post I think you're thinking of, that was discouraging, was not his post but someone else's.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I've seen a few over the years but way to few and far between. I had one as a beta tester on several of my scenery products and she was an excellent tester as well as a pliot. I wish the hobby could recruit more. Tired of the "boys club".

There are plenty of gals in aviation and flight simming. They are just not as infantile as us guys when it comes to playing with toy airplanes and flight sims and posting to forums about it.

I had a female skydiving pilot on the west coast of Florida but that was many moons ago. I had no problem putting my life in that women's hands. She often had the plane on the ground before me and my instructor landed our shoots.

I am a huge fan of Patty Wagstaff out of St. Augustine Florida. Do a youtube search on her. She's a champ. Inverted ribbon cutting 40 foot of the deck in an Extra 300. I cant even do that in the sim.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4lM...gstaffOFFICIAL
    Last edited by natman1965; 03-03-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast