Iris XS-3B Viking Carrier Launch

usb777

I can't get the Iris freeware XS-3B Viking to launch off my carriers. I have tried adding different launch assistant configurations but can't get it to function. Any ideas? Except the rcbco-30 haven't tried it but I am sure I could make that work. I am referring to the FSX acceleration.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

This basically works (the contactpoints being all in the negative was a bit confusing):

[launch_assistance]
//Nose Gear
//point.0=1, -21.00,   0.00, -7.50, 2000.1, 0, 0.6349, 46.8, 0.8000, 1.5, 0.5100, 10.0, 10.0, 0, 260.0, 260.0

launch_bar_pivot = -19.80, 0.0, -4.37
launch_bar_lug = -20.20, 0.0, -4.43

It may need a bit of tuning to keep the nose wheel down while launching...

U does nothing.

I arms lauch assist and blast deflector

launches

l38gVzU.png

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Fantastic!. How many attempts did it take until you found that one? If I might ask.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

How many attempts did it take until you found that one?

Just one. Not the 1st time I do this btw.

One takes a carrier-based aircraft known to work with the Accel carriers, ex. Dino's Goshawk.

Calculate the relative positions (hor+ver) of both launch_bar_pivot and launch_bar_lug vs the nose wheel contact point.

In the Viking file, look for the nose wheel contact point, do the inverse math of the above to get both launch points, and done.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

That is how I start to but I didn't try that aircraft. I tried then F-18 and I believe Dino's S3 Viking without success. Thanks again.

Mike G.