SDK where do I put it ??

aviator66

Hi aviator66,

You can put it wherever you like, but I got my P3D sim on the default path C: >Program Files, and the SDK on D:

Less hassle with Windows UAC.

Just run "Config SDK" from the Lockheed Martin Start menu folder afterwards. Then your paths will be configured.

3D studio Max, Blender or ModelconverterX need this to locate the SDK resources. You might still have to point to the modeldef, I am not sure.

It is generally a "Bad Ideaâ„¢" to install P3D in the default path, because of UAC. Install the whole shebang to C:\P3D, or to a different drive.

Then I create a subfolder under the main P3D folder and call it SDK, and install the SDK to there.

After I have run P3D at least once, I go into that folder and run ConfigureSDK.exe as Administrator.

Jorgen

It is generally a "Bad Ideaâ„¢" to install P3D in the default path, because of UAC. Install the whole shebang to C:\P3D, or to a different drive.

Then I create a subfolder under the main P3D folder and call it SDK, and install the SDK to there.

After I have run P3D at least once, I go into that folder and run ConfigureSDK.exe as Administrator.

Jorgen

I echo that concern. No way the SDK NEEDS to be installed in any core folder. Avoid any UAC issues.

I put mine on a separate drive.