ATC sending me off course

ryanspringer2294

Hi there,

Every so often, the ATC will tell me to turn to a particular heading, which will take me further and further off my course. If I try to turn back ATC will tell me to expedite my turn to their requested heading.

ATC will keep handing me off to the next centre, but at no point will give me a heading that will put me on course.

There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to when this happens, but so far it has happened on these routes:

EHAM to RCTP

RCTP to RPLL

RJTT to KIAD

Does anyone know what would be causing this, and what can be done about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Hi there,

Every so often, the ATC will tell me to turn to a particular heading, which will take me further and further off my course. If I try to turn back ATC will tell me to expedite my turn to their requested heading.

ATC will keep handing me off to the next centre, but at no point will give me a heading that will put me on course.

There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to when this happens, but so far it has happened on these routes:

EHAM to RCTP

RCTP to RPLL

RJTT to KIAD

Does anyone know what would be causing this, and what can be done about it?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Yes, ATC uses routes that seemingly make no sense, until one learns about Great Circle routes. The longer the journey, the greater the `error`...EHAM to RCTP is after all, 5,251 nautical miles!

I'd advise to stay on ATC because it DOES eventually restore a route. Or fly GPS routes, that can be far more direct.