PCI-E3 SSD MoBo fitment?

pomak249

Hi guys

I want to get a Crucial P5 1TB SSD card that fits in a PCI-E3 slot on my MoBo (as im sure you all know lol)

I have an ASRock H97 Performance which has two of the slots but they point up vertically and not perpendicular to the mobo as ive seen on numerous youtube videos erc.

I am unsure whether tbe card would be secure in this position? Just wondered if you gurus had any advice? Or should i just stick to a 2.5" SSD instead?

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

What he said.

Are the two ports you mentioned on an add-in-card?

Also, be aware the mainboard seems to have only only one PCI-Ex 3.0 port. A x16 port for the grsphics card.

The others are PCI-Ex 2.0,

not sure how much speed difference that makes when using those ports for a disk.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep my bad i got the slots mixed up (wishful thinking), it looks like a 2.5 card for me then. Will i notice the difference with FSX on an SSD - pretty sure every post suggests i will.

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

The only major difference an SSD (of any kind) offers for FSX is faster loading times, and a SATA SSD will still be much faster than a traditional HDD. You won't see faster frame rates as those are largely determined by your CPU, with the GPU being second most important.

Cheers loki guessed as much, i cant afford a GPU upgrade the prices and availability have gone nuts (anyway my OC 960 performs admirably and I doubt I would gain much improvement in reality?)