Instrument Panel Too Large

Ike Kant

I just started using P3Dv4. The instrument panel looks as though my face is way too close to it. I know that you can temporarily move the eyepoint back with control+enter but re-centering TrackIr moves it back too close again. Is there a way to permanently move the eyepoint back to a more realistic point? I don't want to set the view to less than 100% because the panel may look smaller but the scenery is further away.
Too much of a good thing can be wonderful. - Mae West

yes there is, I presume you are using multi monitors there is a switch in the .cfg: WideViewaspect= listed under [DISPLAY] change from False to True.

In v4 it may have a listings in the settings, you may still need to tweak the eye point a little.

Howard

Mail : biggles-tnw@outlook.com

PS I will at some point be releasing "The Natural World" scenery for v4 have done v5 available in the store here, on with FSXSE at the moment.

= "eyepoint Reset"

that does two things:

It resets the view to 'forward'

but it also resets the eyepoint (seat position) and zoom level.

So if you had moved the eyepoint and changed zoom level in flight then using "" those things will now be reset,

and you will have to adjust your eyepoint and zoom level again.

A better command to use is:

"Look Forward (3D Cockpit)"

With that command the eyepoint or zoom level stay as they are. It only resets the view to "Forward".

I have "Look Forward (3D Cockpit)" assigned to a joystick button, and use it all the time.

I still have "eyepoint Reset" assigned to .

Comes in handy as well but I don't use it nearly as much.

Look Forward (3D Cockpit).jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That will work on a single wide screen but not across multi monitors and I said at the beginning that I was presuming he had 3 monitor in stretch mode, which he has not clarified as yet, if he has then those settings you use will not go anywhere far enough to correct the panel or POV but the WideViewaspect remains until altered back.

Those setting you suggest still work with 3 monitors stretched, I used them for a long time on my yoke for a long time along with buttons to switch easily between Lock spot and VC all my other switching are set into my full working cockpit.

Howard

Mail : biggles-tnw@outlook.com