Still No Third Party Planes ?????

Hi, I have been out of the sim hobby due to travel and work

i sat down for a relax and launch MS2020, waited for the long update of several countries Japan, UK USA etc

Glad MS is monthly coming with improvs and upgrades

But what is it with the SDK ? seems still people struggling

Only 2 aircraft addons (I mean "aircraft" not experimental never-heard-about planes) have been launched, both by carenado (ovation and PA44)

Hate those who release airplanes with a default different cockpit, like some are doing with Airbuses, although its true an Airbus "saw one, saw them all" (except for the great A300/310)

The rest? nothing

Some large addon companies havent even mentioned they are building MS2020 versions (Captainsim, PMDG still nothing), and specially the golden age planes of jets alone (I name them cause know them by heart: Comet, Caravelle, 707, 747-200, 727, 737-200, DC10, L1011, DC8, DC9, Fokker, Trident, VC10, BAC111) are so long down the road since they would probably be freeware github developpers once sdk is really open

must be the DRM stuff..tss

anyway, never has the flightsim community found itself in the latest sim version with such a dull fleet of cockpit planes

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

PMDG has said they're working on a MSFS aircraft, as have a others. There is a third party 737 (nothing close to PMDG though), and other aircraft out there. Then there are projects like the FBW A320 for improving the default A320.

From some developer comments, it sounds like the SDK is very capable, though maybe not documented very well, if you want to use the new methods. For those looking to bring pre-exisitng code over, such as PMDG, updates to the SDK are still needed.

Edit: If you want an old plane, there's a Bleriot available.

https://wing42.com/en/msfs-addons/29-bleriot-xi-for-msfs.html

Edited by loki

Yep, i see

guess will keep waiting

thanks for the Bleriot link, but I pass, will wait for those jets

forgot a few, 757, BAE series, old Gulfstream Falcon, 767-200, or lets put it this way: jets that sound like jets and not the current vaccuum cleaners haha

Kapitan

The reality is that it will just take time both for the SDK to be completed and for developers to learn it and create the add-ons.

Still not a jet, but there is a DC-3 on the way.

https://fselite.net/previews/aeroplane-heaven-previews-dc-3-for-microsoft-flight-simulator/

Nels also regularly posts articles on the front page here about new and upcoming aircraft for MSFS.

Yes, Whats keeping most folks in Xplane and P3Dv4 or 5 or even die hard FSX is the possibility of having a variety of good planes WITH REALISTIC cockpits specially of those planes that prevailed the skies in the near past.

Come on...the past is the main reason we sit in front of a computer to sim.

If you are 18yo or 20 and planning to take licence and a career you will enjoy simming modern cockpits to an extent. Soon you will get so much involved with real flying that simming will have no point.

Many will argue that stock planes are found in many airports. While this is true, it doesnt describe reality. Taking the whole world not just US, a large percentage of small and medium planes are still analog

So for a vast majority, we sit in a computer to sim remembering times gone by. Wether its six months ago because you did a particular flight, or 40 years ago, or perhaps 50 years when you were a kid flying as a passenger in great planes. Or even not about you, but remembering your Dad who was a pilot and flew 70 years ago!!

Simming is remembering, emulating, "doing as you saw in real" , all these relate to past tense.

MS2020 has better graphics, better scenery, better airports...whats missing?

Its missing the planes that made people love aviation

Kapitan

None of that can happen until the SDK Aircraft Container is completed, and that's still a work in progress.

Nevertheless, Carenado have launched an MSFS Cessna, a Piper and a Mooney with gauges. Lionheart have launched an MSFS Socata Trinidad. Aeroplane Heaven are about to launch their MSFS Spitfire. There's a freeware PBY Catalina due for launch anytime now.

I hope the payware developers all get their money because I'm not interested in having any of that in MSFS.

THIS civilian flight sim is all about here and now in every way, and yes maybe the near future with zero emissions concept aircraft - why not?

There are plenty of other flight sims for older aircraft and warplanes, with the scenery of the era to match. Flight simmers have never been so spoilt for choice!

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

True, but you've overlooked the appeal for those of us who enjoy flying "what might have been" aircraft, those that never made it off the drawing board. Or that originated from works of fiction. My grandson loves to fly the imaginary MIG-31 Firefox, like Clint Eastwood did in the movie. One of my FSX favorites is the Tupolev 330 cargo hauler, which didn't get Putin's approval, never went into production.

It's not just about nostalgia. There are some of us who enjoy using our imaginations when we fly our "legacy" simulator programs.

294-firefox2zip-121-thumb.jpg

Come on...the past is the main reason we sit in front of a computer to sim.

.../...

Simming is remembering, emulating, "doing as you saw in real" , all these relate to past tense.

I completely agree.

Probably that's why my current favorite airplane in MSFS is the Grumman Goose... and it's freeware!!

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

None of that can happen until the SDK Aircraft Container is completed, and that's still a work in progress.

Looking at some recent comments from a few developers, the SDK is very capable already if you use the new methods Asobo has created. The developers just need to learn how to use it. Where the likes of PMDG are getting held up is that they have so much legacy code they don't want to re-write (I don't blame them), they have to wait for Asobo to finish the legacy compatibility side of the SDK.

As for why people fly, there are a lot of different reasons, including training and because they can't in the real world (lack of money or health issues). And even if nostalgia is the main one, which I'm not sold on, it may be for flying any type of aircraft, not just airliners from the 50s or 60s.

Looking at some recent comments from a few developers, the SDK is very capable already if you use the new methods Asobo has created. The developers just need to learn how to use it. Where the likes of PMDG are getting held up is that they have so much legacy code they don't want to re-write (I don't blame them), they have to wait for Asobo to finish the legacy compatibility side of the SDK.

Yes it's a learning curve, but Microsoft are now asking ALL developers, even freeware, to sign up as Microsoft Partners in order to gain access to the full SDK. I know of at least one freeware scenery developer who can't exclude a default scenery until he's a Microsoft Partner, and I assume it's the same for freeware aircraft developers who need access to the avionics because none of the freeware FSX port-over aircraft seem to have working radios or autopilots, unless they're merged with a default aircraft VC.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Only aircraft I fly in x plane 11 are Zibo 737, Cirrus SF50, F35, BD-5J these aircraft (three are addon freeware) are not available in MSFS 2020 thus I have not purchased this program. I cannot understand why you develop a new modern simulator and use old dated aircraft. I don't want to fly the old Cessna I learned to fly in. I want to fly the latest state of the art aircraft. Quality aircraft first and great scenery second. To developers upgrade the Cirrus SF50 to state of the art or redesign one very similar and give it outstanding flight characteristics and this would be the sweet spot for an all around aircraft. Great visibility, user friendly cockpit, not to big, not too small.

I agree ghembree, I would love to see an SF50 in MSFS! I'm flying the Cessna Longitude at the moment, with the Working Title G3000 and Dakfly FDE mods. To me, it's the best plane in the sim at the moment.

What you guys are missing is

Is the MSFS2020 world fair and healthy enough to have a new planes.

See under what they did

https://fselite.net/news/beware-of-the-abad-studios-scam/

And they are not dead.

What we need is a fair and secured world.

But MSFS2020's standard format is Gltf and that is a Open Format.

Open Format means anyone can open and read and edit.

What this means are can easily rip off and upload to 3D model markets.

Already can read at Blender.

Then how is the FSX compatibility.

It's half upper compatibility and causing trouble by bunch of illegal migrations.

Now even payware is not safe .

Then what can we do for this MSFS2020 world.

Even made things , will be ripped off and also will be sold or in a part of other guys service.

It's not the world we can live.

To solve this situation is Microsoft/Asobo to make a new MDL format which is secured and safe.

And also to stop those illegal migration . add a full uppper compatibility to MSFS2020.

Without those won't be even on a table for making a plane for MSFS2020.

I think you guys never wanted to hear this but this is the point from a model builder.

Edited by igami

Hi all:

I love Flight Simulator, and I have sticked to FS2000 and FS9, but I want to join this thread because of that. I am 54, and I enjoy aircraft in the way you do, Kapitan.

But I have the feeling MSFS is becoming like a flying Google Earth, and people could get a little tired of it, after of the first years of WOW effect, especially with the boring trend of aircraft nowadays being quite all the same, IMO, and traffic being possibly affected by COVID for years to come.

So, partly I hope developers will have to look at past to keep MSFS interesting, not only with aircraft, as I wouldn't feel too excited flying a DC-8 at an ultramodern airport also.

I don't know if that will happen in the way I would like, but anyway, I can tell you for me it's much fun (and work), to enhance FS2000 as much as I can, and recreating old traffic (airports are already "retrofitted" there :D), and when I have been a couple of months with it, when I go to FS9, it nearly looks to me as MSFS.

And there, I have nearly all the airports and aircraft that I want; even most modern ones, in some cases very detailed.

Yes, I know I have a quite particular vision on this, but although I am quite interested on MSFS, and in the videos it looks fantastic to me, obviously, the trend I see with it, helps me a lot to remain patient, while I sometimes have a look and see if I am missing something in the way I have always liked aviation.

For the moment, it seems not too much.

Regards.

To solve this situation is Microsoft/Asobo to make a new MDL format which is secured and safe.

Aren't the Model.fsarchive files in the Deluxe and Premium aircraft folders encrypted?

Surely this encryption will be available to third party payware developers if they wish to use it?

Hi all:

I love Flight Simulator, and I have sticked to FS2000 and FS9, but I want to join this thread because of that. I am 54, and I enjoy aircraft in the way you do, Kapitan.

But I have the feeling MSFS is becoming like a flying Google Earth, and people could get a little tired of it, after of the first years of WOW effect, especially with the boring trend of aircraft nowadays being quite all the same, IMO, and traffic being possibly affected by COVID for years to come.

Regards.

Tired of flying over real-world scenery after all these decades of waiting, and believing I would never live long enough to see it? Not a chance! I have completed a number of terrific bush trips and am currently flying in New Zealand and being blown away by it, all the more so because I have been there in real life and the immersion experience in MSFS is almost indescribable. Sorry, I was a great fan of FS9 and FSX but this is a whole new dimension. Tired, shmired!

Only aircraft I fly in x plane 11 are Zibo 737, Cirrus SF50, F35, BD-5J these aircraft (three are addon freeware) are not available in MSFS 2020 thus I have not purchased this program. I cannot understand why you develop a new modern simulator and use old dated aircraft. I don't want to fly the old Cessna I learned to fly in. I want to fly the latest state of the art aircraft. Quality aircraft first and great scenery second. To developers upgrade the Cirrus SF50 to state of the art or redesign one very similar and give it outstanding flight characteristics and this would be the sweet spot for an all around aircraft. Great visibility, user friendly cockpit, not to big, not too small.

The "old Cessna" is the most popular airplane in the world!

I respect your lack of desire for not wanting to fly in it personally, but you are one person. About 25% of MSFS users have connections to the real-world aviation world, so Microsoft's base of long-term Flight Simulator loyalists very much prioritize the Cessna 172.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

As a LONG time volunteer at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, I can assure anyone who has not had the golden opportunity to attend the event, that the Antique, Vintage, Home Built and Ultralight areas are jam packed with folks ogling those planes. I can further attest that I personally am quite eager to see those categories of aircraft become available in MSFS 2020.

I am of that "old school" persuasion that 'If it ain't got a propeller? It ain't an airplane.' - :D:pilot:

Yes, I fondly remember the long gone days of my 'yoot' when we'd ride our bikes to the old Midway airport and watch the Connie's take off and land. And having now had two flight's in EAA's Ford trimotors can say they were some of the best $$ I've spent on an airplane ticket.

Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

So, partly I hope developers will have to look at past to keep MSFS interesting, not only with aircraft, as I wouldn't feel too excited flying a DC-8 at an ultramodern airport also.

I don't know if that will happen in the way I would like, but anyway, I can tell you for me it's much fun (and work), to enhance FS2000 as much as I can, and recreating old traffic (airports are already "retrofitted" there :D), and when I have been a couple of months with it, when I go to FS9, it nearly looks to me as MSFS.

And there, I have nearly all the airports and aircraft that I want; even most modern ones, in some cases very detailed.

Yes, I know I have a quite particular vision on this, but although I am quite interested on MSFS, and in the videos it looks fantastic to me, obviously, the trend I see with it, helps me a lot to remain patient, while I sometimes have a look and see if I am missing something in the way I have always liked aviation.

For the moment, it seems not too much.

Once again, this full thread proves that everyone uses the sim their own way.

As far as I'm concerned, I completely agree with you. My advice is: keep patient.

If I had known better I would never have bought the Premium Deluxe version. I have ended deleting most of it and installed a few 3rd party add-ons instead, which are helping me keep the fun to some extent. Even so, in the months I've owned MSFS I've been often tempted to completely uninstall it and revert NOT to FSX (which I used these latest years), but FS9. Go figure.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

Even though I don't have MSFS, rather, I'm still flying FSX, I get the inpatient feelings. Even today, a decade later, I can still find a plethora of planes available, both free and payware. Bored? Nah.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Aren't the Model.fsarchive files in the Deluxe and Premium aircraft folders encrypted?

Surely this encryption will be available to third party payware developers if they wish to use it?

Only if put on market place.

Nothing at outside.

Only if put on market place.

Nothing at outside.

Thank you for that information, I wasn't aware of that.

So the .fsarchive encryption is an incentive to release content exclusively on the marketplace, because encryption would be pointless if the content is available elsewhere without encryption.

What you're suggesting is that Microsoft should license the .fsarchive format to registered developers so that encrypted content can be sold on other websites, in the same way as Wwise encrypted sounds.

That makes perfect sense to me, maybe they'll do it when the SDK is complete?