Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Still No Third Party Planes ?????

As a LONG time volunteer at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, I can assure anyone who has not had the golden opportunity to attend the event, that the Antique, Vintage, Home Built and Ultralight areas are jam packed with folks ogling those planes. I can further attest that I personally am quite eager to see those categories of aircraft become available in MSFS 2020.

I am of that "old school" persuasion that 'If it ain't got a propeller? It ain't an airplane.' -

Yes, I fondly remember the long gone days of my 'yoot' when we'd ride our bikes to the old Midway airport and watch the Connie's take off and land. And having now had two flight's in EAA's Ford trimotors can say they were some of the best $$ I've spent on an airplane ticket.
    Last edited by chicagorandy; 02-27-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Quote Originally Posted by dernes View Post
    I love Flight Simulator, and I have sticked to FS2000 and FS9, but I want to join this thread because of that. I am 54, and I enjoy aircraft in the way you do, Kapitan.
    But I have the feeling MSFS is becoming like a flying Google Earth, and people could get a little tired of it, after of the first years of WOW effect, especially with the boring trend of aircraft nowadays being quite all the same, IMO, and traffic being possibly affected by COVID for years to come.
    So, partly I hope developers will have to look at past to keep MSFS interesting, not only with aircraft, as I wouldn't feel too excited flying a DC-8 at an ultramodern airport also.

I don't know if that will happen in the way I would like, but anyway, I can tell you for me it's much fun (and work), to enhance FS2000 as much as I can, and recreating old traffic (airports are already "retrofitted" there ), and when I have been a couple of months with it, when I go to FS9, it nearly looks to me as MSFS.
    And there, I have nearly all the airports and aircraft that I want; even most modern ones, in some cases very detailed.

Yes, I know I have a quite particular vision on this, but although I am quite interested on MSFS, and in the videos it looks fantastic to me, obviously, the trend I see with it, helps me a lot to remain patient, while I sometimes have a look and see if I am missing something in the way I have always liked aviation.
    For the moment, it seems not too much.
    Once again, this full thread proves that everyone uses the sim their own way.
    As far as I'm concerned, I completely agree with you. My advice is: keep patient.
    If I had known better I would never have bought the Premium Deluxe version. I have ended deleting most of it and installed a few 3rd party add-ons instead, which are helping me keep the fun to some extent. Even so, in the months I've owned MSFS I've been often tempted to completely uninstall it and revert NOT to FSX (which I used these latest years), but FS9. Go figure.

Blog Entries

Even though I don't have MSFS, rather, I'm still flying FSX, I get the inpatient feelings. Even today, a decade later, I can still find a plethora of planes available, both free and payware. Bored? Nah.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Aren't the Model.fsarchive files in the Deluxe and Premium aircraft folders encrypted?
    Surely this encryption will be available to third party payware developers if they wish to use it?
    Only if put on market place.
    Nothing at outside.

Quote Originally Posted by igami View Post
    Only if put on market place.
    Nothing at outside.
    Thank you for that information, I wasn't aware of that.
    So the .fsarchive encryption is an incentive to release content exclusively on the marketplace, because encryption would be pointless if the content is available elsewhere without encryption.
    What you're suggesting is that Microsoft should license the .fsarchive format to registered developers so that encrypted content can be sold on other websites, in the same way as Wwise encrypted sounds.
    That makes perfect sense to me, maybe they'll do it when the SDK is complete?
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Blog Entries

the main issue

COCKPITS COCKPITS COCKPITS

modelling airplanes wether the largest A380 or your favourite experimental is the same, no big deal.
    The feeling of a plane is more from the cockpit than outside view. I rather have a detailed realistic 707 cockpit and say the outside view is of a Cessna152., dont care, I can live with it more than if the outside looks are pretty but the cockpit is from another plane arghhh!

But building cockpits and systems, specially those that are different from the stock planes, and even more specially the analogue ones that use needles, switches and buttons that must relate to a particular era, manufacturer, color, etc...that seems to be a big deal for developpers, and last specially but not least...those developpers are getting younger every day, their visual reference of some great cockpits is not supported by life experience, hence even if they attempt developping classic airplanes, they will fall short. Their only chance is to copy cockpits made for earlier simms and adapt them to ms2020, a copy of the copy, tough
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Blog Entries

About experimetal planes

Lets make an analogy with automobiles
    Say this sim was about cars and collector fans of simulating and driving them

You would want the famous brands that made history, our human legacy
    BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, Ferrari, Chrysler, Honda, Mercedes, Renault, and other dozens of great makes.

Then come the folks that made custom cars in their backyard, of all sorts, types and forms...and say "hey look at my great plane"
    I wish they can put it in the Marketplace

whaaat? come on!
    Kapitan

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    I rather have a detailed realistic 707 cockpit and say the outside view is of a Cessna152., dont care, I can live with it more than if the outside looks are pretty but the cockpit is from another plane arghhh!
    LOL! Suppose you want a C152 and find it has a B707 cockpit!

You're absolutely right about age and experience being a big influence on a developer's choice of aircraft. There's a good-looking freeware Vulcan bomber available now with no cockpit at all because the developer hasn't learnt how to do cockpits yet.
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.28GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Then come the folks that made custom cars in their backyard, of all sorts, types and forms...and say "hey look at my great plane"
    I wish they can put it in the Marketplace

whaaat? come on!
    I just searched the library here for "Rutan", and found 8 pages of Rutan's experimental aircraft for every flight sim from X-Plane right back to FS4.
    Experimental aircraft have always been about the future, and so have flight sims.
    Whether the experimental part of the aircraft is the airframe layout, materials, propulsion, or the cockpit systems, some part of every experimental design will eventually appear in a mass-produced aircraft of some type.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 02-28-2021 at 07:29 AM.

Blog Entries

and I just searched for just "Rutan" on goole and it returned pages about a guy named Burt Rutan or a company Rutan & Tucker LLP
    no mention of plane.

Try the same thing with "Boeing"
    Kapitan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast