Still No Third Party Planes ?????

the main issue

COCKPITS COCKPITS COCKPITS

modelling airplanes wether the largest A380 or your favourite experimental is the same, no big deal.

The feeling of a plane is more from the cockpit than outside view. I rather have a detailed realistic 707 cockpit and say the outside view is of a Cessna152., dont care, I can live with it more than if the outside looks are pretty but the cockpit is from another plane arghhh!

But building cockpits and systems, specially those that are different from the stock planes, and even more specially the analogue ones that use needles, switches and buttons that must relate to a particular era, manufacturer, color, etc...that seems to be a big deal for developpers, and last specially but not least...those developpers are getting younger every day, their visual reference of some great cockpits is not supported by life experience, hence even if they attempt developping classic airplanes, they will fall short. Their only chance is to copy cockpits made for earlier simms and adapt them to ms2020, a copy of the copy, tough

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

About experimetal planes

Lets make an analogy with automobiles

Say this sim was about cars and collector fans of simulating and driving them

You would want the famous brands that made history, our human legacy

BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, Ferrari, Chrysler, Honda, Mercedes, Renault, and other dozens of great makes.

Then come the folks that made custom cars in their backyard, of all sorts, types and forms...and say "hey look at my great plane"

I wish they can put it in the Marketplace

whaaat? come on!

Kapitan

I rather have a detailed realistic 707 cockpit and say the outside view is of a Cessna152., dont care, I can live with it more than if the outside looks are pretty but the cockpit is from another plane arghhh!

LOL! Suppose you want a C152 and find it has a B707 cockpit! :rolleyes:

You're absolutely right about age and experience being a big influence on a developer's choice of aircraft. There's a good-looking freeware Vulcan bomber available now with no cockpit at all because the developer hasn't learnt how to do cockpits yet.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Then come the folks that made custom cars in their backyard, of all sorts, types and forms...and say "hey look at my great plane"

I wish they can put it in the Marketplace

whaaat? come on!

I just searched the library here for "Rutan", and found 8 pages of Rutan's experimental aircraft for every flight sim from X-Plane right back to FS4.

Experimental aircraft have always been about the future, and so have flight sims.

Whether the experimental part of the aircraft is the airframe layout, materials, propulsion, or the cockpit systems, some part of every experimental design will eventually appear in a mass-produced aircraft of some type.

Edited by tiger1962

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

and I just searched for just "Rutan" on goole and it returned pages about a guy named Burt Rutan or a company Rutan & Tucker LLP

no mention of plane.

Try the same thing with "Boeing"

Kapitan

and I just searched for just "Rutan" on goole and it returned pages about a guy named Burt Rutan or a company Rutan & Tucker LLP

no mention of plane.

Underneath "Burt Rutan" it says "American Aerospace Engineer". If you click on the link it'll take you to the planes.

will clarify

If you go to the File Library here at flightsim.com that has thousands of addons since the nineties, everything goes. You can make anything flyable. Some users have made UFOs, even boxes or washing machines flyable. Its a sim.

Its pretending.

Once you have a marketplace or developpers for the hobby that have addressed and launched nearly all the great names of aviation...nobody minds if they add more...more experiemental, gliders, rotorcrafts, acrobacy, etc...there are many kinds and types of flying machines.

What i was saying is that we need "planes" !! the traditional ones...first!

We are lacking planes...

And the fact you see many experimemtals is because developpers dont have to care much about realism, since nobody has good visual life reference of them (because they are lesser known) or because they only use a big MFD so the cockpit is just that.

I repeat what i said elsewhere, if aviation turns to be a Tesla automated car, it will be the end of simming. Nobody wants to launch the sim, press a button and let the computer do all the flying, or feed the FMC etc.

It works well for training, and surely fits the experimetal owners for this...

But for a vast majority, like with cars, you will find the aviation lovers, collectors, those that want the machines that made our history

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

What i was saying is that we need "planes" !! the traditional ones...first!

We are lacking planes...

And the fact you see many experimemtals is because developpers dont have to care much about realism, since nobody has good visual life reference of them (because they are lesser known) or because they only use a big MFD so the cockpit is just that.

The big MFD in the cockpit isn't experimental any more! They aren't common in GA aircraft because of the combined costs of Instrument Rating and the equipment itself, so of course there should be traditional cockpits in MSFS.

I've mostly been using (and tweaking) the DR400 since the UK update for VFR and I love it, but there's a glass cockpit version available: https://www.robin-aircraft.com/en/cockpit-360/ and I'd love to see that in MSFS too.

Who knows which one will be most appealing to the Xbox generation? Do they buy car sims to sit in a driving school car while even the AI cars lap them? Or do they buy car sims to sit in a $175,000,000 Formula 1 car and live the dream?

Thats only the 1st step to do.

Also we need to clean up all those guys who is illegally migrating the planes and earning.

More worse is I even saw a site offering $10 per month plane share service.

That means MSFS World's market itself will be destroyed if includes payware.

Do you think this is still a good world?

Situation is this bad and close to the place we can't recover.

Already several payware company decided to be out from making for FS2020.

As a freeware model creator I'm same not really feel to make anything at this situation.

This is why I am saying.

"Microsoft/Asobo to make a Full Upper Compatible mode of FSX on FS2020"

Then they will loose those meanings of migration.

World will be a bit better then now.

Also will give bunch of planes from FSX for a user and gives time to recover too.

Making a new MDL can be a part of that.

Just adding several part as same as what P3D did.

Then for a model creating side , can add new things at less time.

And can earn much more time for the good SDK to be out.

All will be happy.

We can't live in a place like Gotham City(Batman)

Also I don't think Microsoft/Asobo can cut off the FSX half upper compatibility.

If so just make it to full.

Thank you for that information, I wasn't aware of that.

So the .fsarchive encryption is an incentive to release content exclusively on the marketplace, because encryption would be pointless if the content is available elsewhere without encryption.

What you're suggesting is that Microsoft should license the .fsarchive format to registered developers so that encrypted content can be sold on other websites, in the same way as Wwise encrypted sounds.

That makes perfect sense to me, maybe they'll do it when the SDK is complete?

Edited by igami

Thats only the 1st step to do.

Also we need to clean up all those guys who is illegally migrating the planes and earning.

More worse is I even saw a site offering $10 per month plane share service.

That means MSFS World's market itself will be destroyed if includes payware.

Do you think this is still a good world?

Situation is this bad and close to the place we can't recover.

Already several payware company decided to be out from making for FS2020.

As a freeware model creator I'm same not really feel to make anything at this situation.

This is why I am saying.

"Microsoft/Asobo to make a Full Upper Compatible mode of FSX on FS2020"

Then they will loose those meanings of migration.

World will be a bit better then now.

We can't live in a place like Gotham City(Batman)

Also I don't think Microsoft/Asobo can cut off the FSX half upper compatibility.

If so just make it to full.

Yes, those who are illegally selling other developer's models should certainly be taken to court.

The average flight simmer can only complain to websites which host downloads like those Abad planes, and refuse to buy others such as the one which looks suspiciously like one of your own 737 Max's.

Sorry but I don't think it would be possible for Microsoft/Asobo to incorporate the old FSX gauge code into MSFS, unless they could create a full Legacy Mode to include gauge code as well as flight dynamics? That would be a kind of sim emulator within a sim, and I don't think they have the resources or time for that. If it's any consolation, I don't think those FSX port-overs are worth having right now anyway, whether they are freeware or even payware.

Edited by tiger1962

Situation won't change , then payware companies won't come back too.

Unfortunately this is what we are really watching now.

So many bad things are continuing too.

Like ripping off problem.

SAAD A350 are ripped off X-Plane Flight Factor's A350(Payware).

And even SAAD themself took down , now MO_Textures re-uploaded and spreaded.

With other guy ripped off X-Plane's Flight factor's A350 Cockpit.

And ABAD guys re-branded as theirs and became ABAD A350.

What are the morale level of this world?

Copyrights seems nothing here.

And those re-branding started , then new guys will never ever know he got is a bad material.

Leaving those level of world , we can't really make.

Not only freewares , now even paywares are not safe.

This is the world of now.

Yes, those who are illegally selling other developer's models should certainly be taken to court.

The average flight simmer can only complain to websites which host downloads like those Abad planes, and refuse to buy others such as the one which looks suspiciously like one of your own 737 Max's.

Sorry but I don't think it would be possible for Microsoft/Asobo to incorporate the old FSX gauge code into MSFS, unless they could create a full Legacy Mode to include gauge code as well as flight dynamics? That would be a kind of sim emulator within a sim, and I don't think they have the resources or time for that. If it's any consolation, I don't think those FSX port-overs are worth having right now anyway, whether they are freeware or even payware.

Edited by igami

Copyrights seems nothing here.

And those re-branding started , then new guys will never ever know he got is a bad material.

We're doing our best to educate the new guys on social media and Discord, as well as sites like flightsim.com and flightsim.to, and most of them seem to be good guys.

If I were you, I'd register as a Microsoft Partner and wait until the SDK is released before producing a native MSFS model.

Goal itself is same want a fair and healthy world.

And we have been doing at our way.

Seems so as you.

And to the guys watching this.

I think can understand the situation of now.

That is from the model making side's view.

We're doing our best to educate the new guys on social media and Discord, as well as sites like flightsim.com and flightsim.to, and most of them seem to be good guys.

If I were you, I'd register as a Microsoft Partner and wait until the SDK is released before producing a native MSFS model.

I completely agree.

Probably that's why my current favorite airplane in MSFS is the Grumman Goose... and it's freeware!!

thanks for mentioning, its true

the Grumman Goose is a complete classic with original analog cockpit

the only freeware addon (and among paywares the 2 from Carenado)

the rest are "easy" releases. Either exterior models using the A320 or experimental aircraft with easy cockpit (just an MFD)

meaning these are released by non-professional developpers, just guys that join pieces from other models.

Kapitan

Everyone reading this thread should see this post on the flightsimulator.com forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/beware-of-livedodescontrole-dougcardoso21-abadstudios/363754

If you're on Facebook and know how to "report page", please go to:

https://www.facebook.com/ldxaircrafts

and:

https://www.facebook.com/LivedoDescontrole/

For those who don't know, 'igami' is Hiroshi Igami of Tenkuu Design Studios (TDS), please support him and all freeware developers in any way you can to combat software piracy/intellectual copyright.

Edited by tiger1962

Well so far what we can see is from outside.

From the 1st link , seems it's a same guy as ABAD but still can't be a fact.

For a fact I feel a bit weak.

Also LDX Aircrafts are not showing exact plane list.

What we can know is what we can see from outside.

Needs a fact really about those more.

And when found , will be reported from the author/Maker.

May be they gave a permissions so.

So has to think of those possibilities.

Already many model creator knows about this group now.

So checking what is going on.

We model creators has connections.

So for now , lets see how it goes.

Also they posted will be under the copyright rules.

Specially Microsoft Market place's case.

So just see how they and Microsoft do now.

Sorry I feel this is off topic but was needed to the post under.

Edited by igami

Don't worry, I think this is directly on topic. Anyone who wants to report piracy to Microsoft can email: support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com

thanks for mentioning, its true

the Grumman Goose is a complete classic with original analog cockpit

the only freeware addon (and among paywares the 2 from Carenado)

the rest are "easy" releases.

Thanks. In this respect, I'd like to know how you rate the ultralight (Aerolite 103) by Nemeth Designs, another favorite of me.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)

I've found the Aerolite 103 to be a real fun flyer. Low and slow to be sure and the flight dynamics do seem to mimic the real thing quite well from all the Ultralights I've watched at EAA AirVenture every year.

The sole 'issue' I have is before takeoff I need to change the cockpit camera to 'Pilot-Close' or the view has me hanging from the left wing - lol

IMHO it is good value for the $$.

Edited by chicagorandy

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx