Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Still No Third Party Planes ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Come on...the past is the main reason we sit in front of a computer to sim.
    .../...
    Simming is remembering, emulating, "doing as you saw in real" , all these relate to past tense.
    MS2020 has better graphics, better scenery, better airports...whats missing?
    Its missing the planes that made people love aviation
    I completely agree.
    Probably that's why my current favorite airplane in MSFS is the Grumman Goose... and it's freeware!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    None of that can happen until the SDK Aircraft Container is completed, and that's still a work in progress.
    Looking at some recent comments from a few developers, the SDK is very capable already if you use the new methods Asobo has created. The developers just need to learn how to use it. Where the likes of PMDG are getting held up is that they have so much legacy code they don't want to re-write (I don't blame them), they have to wait for Asobo to finish the legacy compatibility side of the SDK.

As for why people fly, there are a lot of different reasons, including training and because they can't in the real world (lack of money or health issues). And even if nostalgia is the main one, which I'm not sold on, it may be for flying any type of aircraft, not just airliners from the 50s or 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    Looking at some recent comments from a few developers, the SDK is very capable already if you use the new methods Asobo has created. The developers just need to learn how to use it. Where the likes of PMDG are getting held up is that they have so much legacy code they don't want to re-write (I don't blame them), they have to wait for Asobo to finish the legacy compatibility side of the SDK.
    Yes it's a learning curve, but Microsoft are now asking ALL developers, even freeware, to sign up as Microsoft Partners in order to gain access to the full SDK. I know of at least one freeware scenery developer who can't exclude a default scenery until he's a Microsoft Partner, and I assume it's the same for freeware aircraft developers who need access to the avionics because none of the freeware FSX port-over aircraft seem to have working radios or autopilots, unless they're merged with a default aircraft VC.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 02-26-2021 at 11:42 AM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

Only aircraft I fly in x plane 11 are Zibo 737, Cirrus SF50, F35, BD-5J these aircraft (three are addon freeware) are not available in MSFS 2020 thus I have not purchased this program. I cannot understand why you develop a new modern simulator and use old dated aircraft. I don't want to fly the old Cessna I learned to fly in. I want to fly the latest state of the art aircraft. Quality aircraft first and great scenery second. To developers upgrade the Cirrus SF50 to state of the art or redesign one very similar and give it outstanding flight characteristics and this would be the sweet spot for an all around aircraft. Great visibility, user friendly cockpit, not to big, not too small.

I agree ghembree, I would love to see an SF50 in MSFS! I'm flying the Cessna Longitude at the moment, with the Working Title G3000 and Dakfly FDE mods. To me, it's the best plane in the sim at the moment.
    Xbox Series X and a big smile! Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 32Gb Corsair DDR4 3000, 2x 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, CH Yoke & Pedals, Dell P2815Q 28" 4k, Win 10 Pro x64

What you guys are missing is

Is the MSFS2020 world fair and healthy enough to have a new planes.

See under what they did
    https://fselite.net/news/beware-of-t...-studios-scam/
    And they are not dead.

What we need is a fair and secured world.

But MSFS2020's standard format is Gltf and that is a Open Format.
    Open Format means anyone can open and read and edit.
    What this means are can easily rip off and upload to 3D model markets.
    Already can read at Blender.

Then how is the FSX compatibility.
    It's half upper compatibility and causing trouble by bunch of illegal migrations.
    Now even payware is not safe .

Then what can we do for this MSFS2020 world.
    Even made things , will be ripped off and also will be sold or in a part of other guys service.
    It's not the world we can live.

To solve this situation is Microsoft/Asobo to make a new MDL format which is secured and safe.
    And also to stop those illegal migration . add a full uppper compatibility to MSFS2020.
    Without those won't be even on a table for making a plane for MSFS2020.

I think you guys never wanted to hear this but this is the point from a model builder.
    Last edited by igami; 02-26-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Hi all:

I love Flight Simulator, and I have sticked to FS2000 and FS9, but I want to join this thread because of that. I am 54, and I enjoy aircraft in the way you do, Kapitan.
    But I have the feeling MSFS is becoming like a flying Google Earth, and people could get a little tired of it, after of the first years of WOW effect, especially with the boring trend of aircraft nowadays being quite all the same, IMO, and traffic being possibly affected by COVID for years to come.
    So, partly I hope developers will have to look at past to keep MSFS interesting, not only with aircraft, as I wouldn't feel too excited flying a DC-8 at an ultramodern airport also.

I don't know if that will happen in the way I would like, but anyway, I can tell you for me it's much fun (and work), to enhance FS2000 as much as I can, and recreating old traffic (airports are already "retrofitted" there ), and when I have been a couple of months with it, when I go to FS9, it nearly looks to me as MSFS.
    And there, I have nearly all the airports and aircraft that I want; even most modern ones, in some cases very detailed.

Yes, I know I have a quite particular vision on this, but although I am quite interested on MSFS, and in the videos it looks fantastic to me, obviously, the trend I see with it, helps me a lot to remain patient, while I sometimes have a look and see if I am missing something in the way I have always liked aviation.
    For the moment, it seems not too much.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by igami View Post
    To solve this situation is Microsoft/Asobo to make a new MDL format which is secured and safe.
    Aren't the Model.fsarchive files in the Deluxe and Premium aircraft folders encrypted?
    Surely this encryption will be available to third party payware developers if they wish to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by dernes View Post
    Hi all:

I love Flight Simulator, and I have sticked to FS2000 and FS9, but I want to join this thread because of that. I am 54, and I enjoy aircraft in the way you do, Kapitan.
    But I have the feeling MSFS is becoming like a flying Google Earth, and people could get a little tired of it, after of the first years of WOW effect, especially with the boring trend of aircraft nowadays being quite all the same, IMO, and traffic being possibly affected by COVID for years to come.

Regards.
    Tired of flying over real-world scenery after all these decades of waiting, and believing I would never live long enough to see it? Not a chance! I have completed a number of terrific bush trips and am currently flying in New Zealand and being blown away by it, all the more so because I have been there in real life and the immersion experience in MSFS is almost indescribable. Sorry, I was a great fan of FS9 and FSX but this is a whole new dimension. Tired, shmired!

Quote Originally Posted by ghembree View Post
    Only aircraft I fly in x plane 11 are Zibo 737, Cirrus SF50, F35, BD-5J these aircraft (three are addon freeware) are not available in MSFS 2020 thus I have not purchased this program. I cannot understand why you develop a new modern simulator and use old dated aircraft. I don't want to fly the old Cessna I learned to fly in. I want to fly the latest state of the art aircraft. Quality aircraft first and great scenery second. To developers upgrade the Cirrus SF50 to state of the art or redesign one very similar and give it outstanding flight characteristics and this would be the sweet spot for an all around aircraft. Great visibility, user friendly cockpit, not to big, not too small.
    The "old Cessna" is the most popular airplane in the world!

I respect your lack of desire for not wanting to fly in it personally, but you are one person. About 25% of MSFS users have connections to the real-world aviation world, so Microsoft's base of long-term Flight Simulator loyalists very much prioritize the Cessna 172.
    Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast