returning

ceebee58

About 10 years ago I bought a nice new shiny macbook and added Windows an msfs x. Many happy hours trundling round the sky and crashing at airports ! Then the macbook got older and slower and I took fs off. Then I spotted the old discs and tried to install on my nice new gaming laptop but the disc was faulty. So I considered msfs 2020 but its a bit of a price so looked on Steam and loaded fsx. Loving it - so much better with some horsepower behind it and I can even get air haulier. Anyone care to recommend a good add on or two ? I know its old tech but will do me until fs 2020 has matured a little.

Welcome back!

Some of my favourites:

* Radar gauge - file: gauge.zip - Can be put in any aircraft.

* callout gauge - file: callv1.zip

By Stefan Liebe. Altitude callouts while decending below 2500 ft AGL. Can be put in any aircraft.

* airports and gauges and other stuff by Stefan Liebe.

* Airports by AIG, Alpha India Group.

* Airline textures for default aircraft. Default 737, 747 and other planes. Make those look much better.

* Boeing F/A-18A Combat. More fun then the default F/A-18.

* Cessna Cardinal White, Green. Nice fast Cessna aircraft with retractable gear.

All free in the library here on Flightsim.com. And easy to install. Make sure you read the included readme.txt files.

Free on outside sites:

FSWC - FS Water Configurator. For better looking water.

Sun Mod. Free enhanced sun textures.

Fswc and sun textures both at http://www.strikingsoftware.com

Free ground textures and more. Look for "Aime Leclercq Creations".

(all free also)

enjoy! il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome Back ! Im also waiting on MSFS to get the bugs out. Also it will not allow for window/View undocking to get a clean front view ! Watched the latest Osobo/MS Developers video and that Option was not really a concern.

Anyhow. I Like LiL Nav Map. Free, Great for Flight Planning. Has a LiL Nav Connect option where you can put it on a remote PC.

I roll Rex Weather 5 due to not YET having my new rig built. Rex is less PC demanding and all i need is live Weather !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.