Looking to purchase MSFS Premium Deluxe

Hello, this is most probably my 2nd post ever, and i would welcome some guidance on the following if possible. I have been considering MSFS2020 since it's launch last August, and having seen many videos and varying tutorials, and feel this may be the right time to upgrade from FSX-Steam, that i have used for a number of year gone by. Before i do so though, i need to know if my current system will accept this program.

My system is as follows.

Windows 10

Processor - Intel® Core ™ i5-7400 CPU @3.00GHz

SSD

Installed Ram:- 8.00 GB

64 Bit Operating System x 64 based processor

Nvidia - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

Can this program be loaded into my 'D' Drive as that has an existing 920GB free space?

Any assistance that you can offer would greatly help.

Thank you in advance.

Your system specs ought to run the program on medium to low settings at acceptable performance if you are using a 1080p monitor. If you want to run 1440p you will probably need to upgrade your GPU to a little more video memory and processing power. The program really needs a good GPU. Your CPU is close to recommended performance. If you wan t to run high settings you will probably not be happy with the performance?
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

My opinion is that while it probably could run the sim, it likely won't do it very well. This is mainly because:

* RAM: 8GB is a bit low. I use 16 GB, which the sim happily consumes. I've seen it go up 24 GB on Youtube benchmarks.

* GPU and VRAM: Also a bit on the low side. I have a 970, with "3.5" GB of high speed VRAM and 0.5 GB of lower speed VRAM. The sim readily consumes all of it. In terms of horsepower, the 1060 is so-so. I think it's roughly on par with my 970, which handles the sim OK. But it's running at 100% all the time and is the bottleneck in my system. With a light aircraft, I get 40 FPS in the countryside and about 30 FPS in Toronto.

This is with most setting between medium and high, but with 80% resolution scaling and a 2560x1080p resolution (which is ultrawide, so a few more pixels to push).

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

I can't help you with the technical info as others have, but just wanted to chime in to say that I'm not sure I am happy I paid for premium-deluxe. It depends on your personal simming habits and preferences I suppose. I am a Cessna 172 loyalist, so having the few extra planes that are not Cessnas is fine for toying around with now and then. But I still mostly fly the 172. So why did I pay for the others? And if I really want others, I can buy them individually as add-ons anyway?

Same thing with the few airports you're buying with premium-deluxe. Maybe you do really want them. My habits turned out not to justify them though: I either fly to (a) very random, obscure places around the world, or (b) places with connections to my personal life, including my city where I live. Neither benefits from the MSFS deluxe airports I guess I bought. I still haven't flown to most of them--or even any of them? I don't even remember which ones they are. What did I pay for exactly?

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

As has been suggested, a ram upgrade to 16gb and a graphics card upgrade (IF your power supply, motherboard and wallet allow it) to at least 4gb would make a noticeable difference running this particular very demanding sim. Many higher end graphics cards demand a larger power supply. My rig for example maxes out with the card I chose to add. I can run most settings at medium/high.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Thank you all for the prompt responses today, very much appreciated. From the sound of it, it may be wise to reconsider the current specification i have, and spend some money on that first prior to buying the new simulator, as my initial expectation could end in frustration. I will remain with FSX for the time being, and gradually upgrade. Thank you again for your advice, and all have a great day.

I can't help you with the technical info as others have, but just wanted to chime in to say that I'm not sure I am happy I paid for premium-deluxe. It depends on your personal simming habits and preferences I suppose. I am a Cessna 172 loyalist, so having the few extra planes that are not Cessnas is fine for toying around with now and then. But I still mostly fly the 172. So why did I pay for the others? And if I really want others, I can buy them individually as add-ons anyway?

Same thing with the few airports you're buying with premium-deluxe. Maybe you do really want them. My habits turned out not to justify them though: I either fly to (a) very random, obscure places around the world, or (b) places with connections to my personal life, including my city where I live. Neither benefits from the MSFS deluxe airports I guess I bought. I still haven't flown to most of them--or even any of them? I don't even remember which ones they are. What did I pay for exactly?

I subscribe all your words, one by one.

I wish I had known better and bought the Standard version instead of Premium Deluxe. I could have better used the extra cost for some of the add-ons I've had to buy anyway.

Windows 10 Home - Intel i7 9700 4.70GHz - 32Gb DDR4 RAM - GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6Gb - Kingston 512Gb SSD - Internet 1Gbps (test 600+ Mbps)