Higher gpu usage after update.

For me the sim is running good after the UK update. It seems to be very smooth, not perfect, but close. I haven't changed any settings. But I checked my system performance, and my gpu is now being used at 100%. Before the update, it was only being used at 80%. My CPU usage is 24%. I have a 2070 and a Intel 10980.

I guess this also means, that gpu is a lot more important,for the sim than, CPU.

I'm wondering, if anyone else has noticed a increase in gpu usage, after the update?

Edited by shb7

Are you flying in the areas around the UK with the upgraded locations and scenery, or other places? I could see if it was chewing on the greater detail that would increase the graphics usage. If you are in other areas then it suggests other parts of the sim were upgraded. I did not see where they were saying the main sim engine got changes.

Pat

Are you flying in the areas around the UK with the upgraded locations and scenery, or other places? I could see if it was chewing on the greater detail that would increase the graphics usage. If you are in other areas then it suggests other parts of the sim were upgraded. I did not see where they were saying the main sim engine got changes.

Pat

No, I was flying in the United States. I haven't tried UK since the update.

Flying my standardized route KFMZ to KOLU in the Diamond 40 NG cruising at 4,500',

my CPU usage has increased slightly after the UK update from 22-23% before to about 25-27% after.

That increases as the aircraft gets near the ground up to ~37% at 500'.

I don't have live weather and that is in clear skies.

My ground traffic is minimal and I use live traffic for aircraft.

My GPU usage seems unchanged at about 51-56%. I did see that increase earlier as my original GPU usage was about 42% back in September (the first time i checked it).

Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Altitude does affect CPU usage if you are below 100%.

Do you run live weather? What is your ground traffic setting? Do you have addon modules?

I am trying to understand why your CPU usage is so high? Mine is much lower.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Do you run live weather? What is your ground traffic setting? Do you have addon modules?

I would like to know as well. The higher up I go, the lower the usage. If I am flying slow and low (1000 feet) over London, things tend to get maxed out.

Over Jacksonville, not too much

Edit-just did a test-with V-synch off, I was getting 50-60 FPS, however, my GPU was hitting 90-97% and one of my cores was hitting 90%+

I turned V-synch on, put my FPS at 30 and now my GPU and that core usage is cut in half.

Edited by davidc2
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

It's my gpu that is 100%. My cpu is around 25%. I don't run live weather. I have no addon modules. I have cars on the road.

I would like to know as well. The higher up I go, the lower the usage. If I am flying slow and low (1000 feet) over London, things tend to get maxed out.

Over Jacksonville, not too much

Edit-just did a test-with V-synch off, I was getting 50-60 FPS, however, my GPU was hitting 90-97% and one of my cores was hitting 90%+

I turned V-synch on, put my FPS at 30 and now my GPU and that core usage is cut in half.

I'm suprised too, that my gpu usage is the same at 40,000 feet, as at 2,000 feet. I'm using the xbox performance monitor. Maybe I should try a 3rd party one.