Crash to desktop creating manuial cache

Tonight I decided to try out creating manual caches.

I created a small one (1Gb) without problems.

I then attempted to created a second cache of a nearby area and I have now tried twice both times FS2020 crashes to the desktop mid way through creating that cache. There is plenty of spare room on the SSD drive.

I did notice later though that area for the second cache I am attempting to create overlaps the area of the first cache I created.

Is this a no no?

Should cache areas NOT overlap each other?

I also have a rolling cache of 20Gb enabled. Is it ok to have both a rolling and fixed cache? I was able to create the first fixed cache without a problem.

Is there a log somewhere which might disclose the reason for the crash?

What else could be the problem?

Edited by jparnold
Is there a log somewhere which might disclose the reason for the crash?

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Well overlapping areas is NOT the problem.

I deleted the other area which was overlapping and attempted to download again and again FS2020 CRASHED to the (Windows) desktop so need to start FS2020 again.

I turned off developer mode and set rolling cache to NO and deleted the rolling cache and tried again. Still it CRASHES

Once again I ask IS THERE A LOG produced by FS2020? How can I REPORT this to ASOBO or whoever? Here I have an option to create a manual cache and I can't!

John

Well overlapping areas is NOT the problem.

I deleted the other area which was overlapping and attempted to download again and again FS2020 CRASHED to the (Windows) desktop so need to start FS2020 again.

I turned off developer mode and set rolling cache to NO and deleted the rolling cache and tried again. Still it CRASHES

Once again I ask IS THERE A LOG produced by FS2020? How can I REPORT this to ASOBO or whoever? Here I have an option to create a manual cache and I can't!

John, I've asked about a log in the past and the only answer I got was the Windows Event Viewer log. Did not really help me, however :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Thanks David.

It seems that perhaps no one else has ever experienced this problem no one else has been able to give any clues.

Maybe I should report it to Asobo but how?

I will look for any videos on YouTube which may give clues.

John

Crash crash crash. I'm not in developer mode, and 15-20 min into a flight.........CTD. I don't have a top line system, but mine should handle it no problem. It's ruining the experience.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

That is terrible (half into a flight) and that has happened to me with FSX in the past.

The worst thing is that (it appears) there is nothing to look at to try and determine the cause.

Surely there should be a log to look at.

John