Some real-life aviation experiences and milestones today

Congrads on the landing! Things will go much better, both in terms of expense (aircraft/instructor hours) and in terms of learning retention, as well as in actual elapsed time, if you can fly more frequently, ideally 3 or more lessons per week. Anything less than twice a week tends to make you spend a lot of time in review that wouldn't be needed (you still need some review) with greater frequency.

But do the best you can, and thanks for the update. Happy to hear that you're making progress.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads on the landing! Things will go much better, both in terms of expense (aircraft/instructor hours) and in terms of learning retention, as well as in actual elapsed time, if you can fly more frequently, ideally 3 or more lessons per week. Anything less than twice a week tends to make you spend a lot of time in review that wouldn't be needed (you still need some review) with greater frequency.

But do the best you can, and thanks for the update. Happy to hear that you're making progress.

I appreciate that and agree with it. 3 a week on a regular basis will be hard to pull off given my general life circumstances (job, family). But I've come up with a schedule where I should be able to go at least 2 times a week, with an occasional third that might get squeezed in.

I did search long and hard for a good instructor and am pretty pleased with who I work with. He's an airline pilot for one of the majors. In good hands!

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

I agree, it's not good to leave gaps between lessons, when I learned to fly I did an intense coarse and went solo after only 15 hours instruction, mind you having a father that was a pilot was a big help having flown with him since I was knee high to a grasshopper!